How Touchy is the Airbag?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

How Touchy is the Airbag?

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

I have a noise coming from my steering wheel ( it sounds like a bit of plastic rolling around).

Anyways how touchy is the air bar in the steering wheel?

I want to fix this but im not to keen on getting my head blown of by an airbag!

Any thing I should look out for when I go to do this? or should I just not attempt it at all.!

P.S the sound is coming from the space behind the steering wheel near the horn switch.

Cheers.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Not sure about the airbag wheel, but i had the same noise coming from my steering wheel (no airbag). It was from one of the clips off the horn button. I accidentally shattered my button while beeping at some lamo who decided to cross lanes on a roundabout in front of me.
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

That’s funny ,

Just pulled the leather front off the steering a little bit and it looks like that is the exact same problem.

It looks like one of the clips has broken and is just rolling around inside.

How much did it cost to get it fixed?
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Fixed.... umm i havent got it fixed yet. I am going to go for a hunt around wrecking yards to get me a new bit to go in there. I am missing the entire horn button still - but the horn still works. I cant see that bit of plastic costing too much - i will offer $5 to a wrecker maximum...other wise i will make a piece to slot in there myself. Should be able to find something to fit off a trashed sporty lancer/magna/galant.

Is your button pretty much intact? You could superglue it back together? I couldnt do that with mine as i literally shattered it when punching the horn - i counted 30+ pieces...no way i could rebuild mine.
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Looks like its just the two top clips that have broken,
Guess i could just glue it together.

The main thing i want to do it get the peices out of there so it dosn't rattle around and give me the SH#$s.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Yeah remove the pieces. Your horn will still work fine - i think there are three contact points on my horn...works fine hitting the spot where the plate was. If you have only lost the clips - just try and reattach em, it should be ok. I will let you know if i find a new button for my wheel.
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Thanks for your help.
Ill try to get the peices out tonight