DMD Stuff

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DMD Stuff

Post by khunjeng »

I've been onto DMD to get the "ULIKE" front bar for my FTO. Aparently it was custom BOZZ rep. but they have a simialr one for like 600...must be like the DC blended bar...

The owner of the "ULIKE" fto just ripped his off and has gone with the one they want me to get...so I guess it must be cool..:P he obviously has good taste. Pics when I have some.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

U LIKE bought it off DMD....?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya. custom made BOZZ repl at DMD...check their website...
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

dude the ULIKE car has a t's factory front bar and dc sideskirts with the top bits cut off. a bozzspeed is what rnbboi has
dstocks
National Vice President

Need the Car

Post by dstocks »

Tell me, do they need the car to get a good fit or does it come straight out of the mould that way. I want the same stuff - either a T's Factory front or Bozz Front with D Cuatro side skirts.

Problem is, im in Canberra and DMD is not!!!!! Dont really want to drive the car up to QLD and then hang around for it to be done.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    scarecrow
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

It's a blended d'cautro lip with centre bar cut out, a factory T's is different (well, it looks the same, but it's not how DMD did it). The Bozz they are talking about is their custom one with centre bar cut out. It's not the same as the ULIKE bar, yes it has a big hole in the middle, but all the curves are differnt.

You have two options, get DMD's Bozz with centre bar cut out or buy a D'Cautro lip and have it blended to the stock bumper by DMD and have them cut the centre bar out.l

In my humble (read: correct) opinion the DC blending looks much better (this is ULIKE's bar which also looks the same as a factory T's) but will probably be more costly.
    [img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
    SILVERFISH
    VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

...or just buy kid dynamite'skit...
    http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=6940

only difference between his and U LIKE is trimming back the side skirts.
    front bar is identical.
    [url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

doesn't really matter and infact I get a little bit confused which one is which...as long as it looks good. I have new one on order and it will have it in 1 week along with the sideskirts....the ULIKE guy has the same according to DMD..as he just had his replaced...
    rnbboi
    Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

pictures people.

pictures...! :D

it'll solve a lot of confusion :wink:
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

lol Ken - will do i get it this week and resprey soon after...so pics will be comming. The fornt bar is not the BOZZ or DC blended but similar to both and I think is fairly origional and looks great...the side skirts are awsome and you'll just ahve to wait and see :P
    dimi
    Mechanic

Post by dimi »

hey dude i dont have any pics but i am in brisbane, and know dmd quite well.

All i can say is this, i ummed and arrgghed about front bars for my ride. I ended up getting a "ULIKE" replica if u may, and been happy with my choice ever since.

Its my OPINION THIS BAR WILL NOT DISSAPPOINT.
    Dr_Jones
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Here is a pic of my car - Bozz speed with centre bar removed and pre small number plate and Brads old car with the seemingly named Ulike front bar hehe.

Sorry detail is a bit dark but you get the idea. His is much curvier. Mine is a little angrier I think.

khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya looks nice...mine will be very similar to the BOZZ bar..will be here late next week. nice pics...
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

hey chris what side skirts r u getting?
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

DC sideskirts with the fin...the ULIKE had the fin taken off but I'm getting it with the fin...i think they look hot!
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

mad. gettin rid of the spoiler???
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

want to but the wife reckons it will be good so she insisted on leaving it one the car...I was sorted worried about it but seen a few with new fronts and sides with the stock wing and it still looks ok...but in the future it may be comming off!!!
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

yea my gf wanted me to get a veilside wing, convinced her to take it off. got the holes filled out n took off the key hole too. its all clean now