SA Cruise - Sunday 12th March - Gorge Rd & Barossa - Pho

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SA Cruise - Sunday 12th March - Gorge Rd & Barossa - Pho

Post by Sparhawk »

Well, since I got in trouble for the short notice for Feb, I thought I'd get in early for the next one.

First and foremost, I think the next cruise should be on a Sunday, so ppl who work on saturdays can join us. I'd like to get at least half a dozen cars, that'd be cool.

I was thinking of heading north this time. Something like this...

Meet @ 10am at usual spot
From the city, head east and up Gorge road.
Turn up Tippett Rd, at Cuddly Creek and head through Chain of ponds.
Up Little Para Rd to Kersbrook
Continue up through Williamstown
Up Lyndoch valley Rd to Lyndoch
Along Barossa Valley Highway into the Barossa.

Once in the valley, we could check out some wineries, or the local lookout, or whatever, and have some lunch or something in one of the towns. If you have anything in mind, let me know, as I still have some connections up that way, so wouldnt be hard to organise something.

The drive home could be back on the sturt highway, although it is pretty boring. Im open to suggestions.

I havent driven that route yet. That was just out of the street directory. I'd like to know what you all think.

What is a good date for most ppl too?
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

me thinks someone wants to be a club coordinator :P.

...... and since you asked a good date is one that ends in the bedroom :D
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

testlabmonkey wrote:me thinks someone wants to be a club coordinator :P.

...... and since you asked a good date is one that ends in the bedroom :D
Well we do have two already dont we ? I dont want to step on anyones toes LOL but if the mantle were to fall on my shoulders... I am still pretty junior in the club though...

I guess since I've only had my FTO for 4 months, Im still all excited, like a kid with a new toy. :) I hope it doesnt wear off either.

Oh, and all my dates end in the bedroom, Im married :D

EDIT :
For the SA Coordinators : If I'm overstepping my bounds, feel free to put me back in my place :)
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

If i wanted to put you in your place, i would just lock or delete the posts!!! Ha ha ha :twisted:

But seriously, after being here for twelve months with no interest, it is good too see some keen people out there!

Will have to let you know - March pretty busy as i have outlaws coming for 2 weeks!!! Yay for me.. :x

Will pm everyone once more if we can set a date. Want to get some driving/panning photo's next time. Sure that can be arranged.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:Will have to let you know - March pretty busy as i have outlaws coming for 2 weeks!!! Yay for me.. :x
Lucky you... and we wouldnt want to go without you shaun... LOL
Besides, I want to show you all the stuff that has changed on my ride since the last cruise :D

As far as dates, how about the 5th or 12th ?
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

Im not to fussed with dates. My car majorly overheated on the drive home last time so I gotta flush it all out so hopefully it doesnt repeat.

Hows the engine going shaun??? from what I saw you probably wont be going on the cruise this time anyway???
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

testlabmonkey wrote:Im not to fussed with dates. My car majorly overheated on the drive home last time so I gotta flush it all out so hopefully it doesnt repeat.

Hows the engine going shaun??? from what I saw you probably wont be going on the cruise this time anyway???
What happened to your engine ? Was that on the way home last time ? I saw you stop, but by the time i realised, i was committed to continue. And i didnt know my way around down south that much to get back to where you stopped...
artful_dodger
Apprentice

Post by artful_dodger »

Count me in too

having been in Adelaide for just 4 weeks and acquired an FTO i am keen to meet other enthusiasts
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

Shaun....not an engine prob surely???

Jaime
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

are you on about my car guys???

i go to court in 6 days so that will mean if i go to anything or not because i may lose my licence!!!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

GoldFTO wrote:are you on about my car guys???

i go to court in 6 days so that will mean if i go to anything or not because i may lose my licence!!!
I was talking about our beloved coordinator, but good luck in court. :?
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Re: Adelaide Cruise for March

Post by Sparhawk »

Sparhawk wrote:Once in the valley, we could check out some wineries, or the local lookout, or whatever, and have some lunch or something in one of the towns. If you have anything in mind, let me know, as I still have some connections up that way, so wouldnt be hard to organise something.
Does anyone have anything they'd like to do in the barossa (keep your mind out of the gutter testlabmonkey...) like a tour through a winery or something ? just to be different than just a nice drive ?
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Depending on the day, I shall be there in some form (car). Nothing wrong with having a dedicated camera car, now is there???

Not happy - no idea as yet what the problem is. Will probably do something at the start of March - so you just never know....

Anyone want to buy a slightly used FTO.... :evil:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

testlabmonkey wrote:Im not to fussed with dates. My car majorly overheated on the drive home last time so I gotta flush it all out so hopefully it doesnt repeat.

If your car was overheating - yeah, could try flushing it out. Also, something simple, but even buy another radiator cap for it. They work on pressure, so a new cap might help a bit. They are the same as off a 86 Celica - and probably every other Jap car of that time!

Also, check your radiator hoses while you are at it. They may be starting to break down on the inside given their age. I have a new pair of hoses in the garage that I will probably not need now...
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Hey Guys

Good to see some interest finally happening, i havent been to active with the cruises of late and ive 95% complete with my car (perfomance mods complete) so im hoping to get along to this one....
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

hey guys update on my car... (thank god my gf has family in the mechanical industry)... pulled my whole cooling system appart and MY GOD it was disgusting... i need a new radiator (arriving today i believe), new hoses, new rad cap and a new thermostat. Found out that my head is either leaking or at some stage in its history was leaking (i hope the later).

hey at least the money i paid for RAA has paid for itself with a free tow home :P.

Will love the barossa cruise and my gf has expressed interest but really depends on if i can get the parts for my car in time.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Friends in the mechnical industry hey....

Sounds interesting (for obvious reasons).....
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Oh, and at this rate, the RAA will be a sponsor of our cruises! :lol:

Hmmmmm.....thats not really funny, is it?
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

should we start a new poll to see how many ftos are currently off the road..... get some sort of percentage going..... ok thats probably not the best idea.... the figures will probably make us cry :P

with GoldFTOs car now off the road, mine, mrx's and barfy's.... hmmm sa is not looking too good.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

testlabmonkey wrote:should we start a new poll to see how many ftos are currently off the road..... get some sort of percentage going..... ok thats probably not the best idea.... the figures will probably make us cry :P

with GoldFTOs car now off the road, mine, mrx's and barfy's.... hmmm sa is not looking too good.
Lets not start down that road shall we. At this stage mine is still going beaut (touch wood) so I dont want a jinx.
As for the cruise dates, It seems there are quite a few interested this time around, and since no date has been set yet, there is no reason pushing it back to late march will be a problem if it means more of us will be able to make it.
If you want something like a winery tour thrown in (at a low cost probably but let me see what I can do) best let me know so I can start making enquiries.