Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rnbboi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Bozz Speed Front

Post by rnbboi »

Kz...

My cars in the workshop atm, getting the Bozz front and Tm sideskirts fitted.

Am all excited and sh*t, but suddenly this comes into mind:

<<< Im going to have clearance problems? 8O >>>

Am not sure how low the Bozz speed will be, and am alrdy stressing about how to pull into petrol stations and going over speed humps (not to mention, getting out from the workshop!).

To what I know, my car has standard shocks and springs all around, it has not been touched. Got some 17's on there with 45/R17 tyres. Heres a pic of my car without the kit:

Anybody know how much the Bozz speed will drop the front by and will it scrape with the standard suspension setup of the FTO?

Looks like I'll have to readjust how I drive as well :roll:

*Sry for long post*
Last edited by rnbboi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

man lookin at your car i dont think u'll have ny problems with scraping.almost looks like mells car there. i dont think u can lower it after u get it fitted up though. from memory i think its about 4-5 inches longer than a stock bar. y dont u measure the bozz front and then measure the stock one and u'll know the difference. wheel arches u wont have scarping coz u'll be using the stock plastic thingys wont u?
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

Was planning to lower it but Im definitely am gonna c how the Bozz Front will be like before I make any decisions.

cant measure em now lol, tis in the workshop :roll:

Umz... changing the front bar and sidskirts will change the wheel arches? (srys, lost lol) and since Im not sure, I'll say "yes" to the stock plastic thingys lol

i went to the ftooc site, and looked up some info about the bozz front, and found purple ronnies car:

geebus? 8O but i think its been lowered by about 40mm all around
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

i meant changing your skirts n front bar wont trouble your suspension set up or wheel arches(the plastic thingos under your fronnt fender- i dont know what they are called :oops: ) .so dont stress about scraping the suspension. ugh that car again. pops up all the time to tell me how s*** my car looks :cry: u'll have major parking problems and driving problems with how low his car is . when u gettin it back ? drive out to the city to show me :twisted:
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

will be getting the car back by the end of this week.

once i get the car back, gonna go for some trial runs around some places to c if it'll scrape or not. Actually, going to the petrol station is my main concern lol.

can some owners of FTO with the VS kit gimme some info about their ride - just wanna know what u guys do when your at speed humps, train tracks and stuff :roll:

come out to the city ey? i dunno lol, lotsa bumpy and steep roads :roll:

im hoping that there'll be another cruise before the end of the yr, if there is, come shue :D
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

take it over the hump in an angle :twisted: . yea i would for sure if im not doin nything else.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Just letting you know it's going to look a tad silly without side skirts, the front bar will be about 30-50mm lower from what I recall.

You shouldn't have any problems with speedhumps that's for sure, your car is plenty high. You will need to look out for steep driveways and stuff, just take it at a very big angle, *do not tackle driveways straight on*.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

You shouldn't have any problems with speedhumps that's for sure, your car is plenty high. You will need to look out for steep driveways and stuff, just take it at a very big angle, *do not tackle driveways straight on*.
This is advice that anyone contemplating any kind of body kit needs to think about.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

I am getting sideskirts

I got the TM sideskirts to go with the Bozz front :P

I'll definitely keep that driveway thing in mind, Ive never had a kit before, afterall, ive only been driving a camry, accord, and prado (yes, thats right, a 4x4) kekekekkez :twisted:

I think im gonna need some help though, with that angling thing, not quite sure how I would do it *slaps head*
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Alrighty, i'll draw you pictures later so it makes better sense, but here's a situation for you :)

Your in the left hand gutter lane approaching a driveway on the left hand side of the road. The Driveway is quite steep at the kurb.

You car is the vertical line, your driving straight.

|

As you approach the driveway steer very slightly to the left.

\

This angle is as steep as you should enter the driveway. Once your left wheel is in turn a little more left, once both wheels are up turn sharply left and proceed up the driveway as normal.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

just gonna say i'm jeaous of you guys cause i miss out the group buy :x
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

yes, pics please lol

cos that just somewhat confused me even more :roll:

"I" and / dont rly help lol - but i think i got the idea

Keyword: "Think" lol
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

8O Okay... So I have the Bozz Speed Front Bar, the TM Side Skirts & the big ghetto ass J-Tech Rear Bar on the way (eventually)... I haven't lowered the car yet but was planning on it! Am I going to have to rethink the suspension set up???

:? Unfortunately for me the Townsville City Council had hard on's for speed bumps & insanely steep driveways!!!
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
PurpleRonnie
Apprentice

Post by PurpleRonnie »

here is a rough comparison between standard suspension and 45mm lowered suspension

ImageImage
Click them for bigger pics
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

8O

dont think ill be lowering my car anytime soon with the bozz front on lol

will def get cannaried with that ride height :roll: