Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI- Carbon fibre bonnets

Post by shue »

hi,
found a person who could make cf bonnets for us. would need atleast 10 orders to make it a group buy, still talking to him but would be under 1000$. he can make either oem cf bonnets or with vents. if we could get 10 orders it can be done. the other things he makes are cf bonnets the manufacturer is in melb so if your anywhere other than melb postage would be more.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Could he make one with vents in the same position as the dodge viper GTS bonnet? Cause that's hawt :twisted:
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

post up a piccie scarecrow. i'll pass it on to him, yea he add vents etc where eva u want it. he is designing up a few fto bonnets. so whens it confirmed i can put up pics. at the moment im only looking for a eoi.
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

if its unda $700 i'm in.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

lol vivek, your looking at close to around the 900$ mark and thts with atleast 10 orders. if thats the one your after scarecrow it should be easy, coz we were discussing vents and he said its a better idea to go for a smaller vent unless u wants the cops on your butt

SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

ill have a standard cf bonnet :)

andone know what the weight difference would be between normal and cf?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

SG wrote:ill have a standard cf bonnet :)

hmmm thats a bit hard to answer as every brand of CF bonnet would weight different, as it depends on how many layer of CF & fibreglass they use.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Couple of questions mate

1: Are these 100% CF or are they the fibreglass core ones?

2: Attach with factory latches or are bonnet pins required?

3: With the vents are they going to have a water run off system or is it just a straight cut through?

I might be interested in a cf version of the Kaze bonnet if it's done properly 8)

And for the right price :wink: :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Slither wrote:Couple of questions mate

1: Are these 100% CF or are they the fibreglass core ones?

2: Attach with factory latches or are bonnet pins required?

3: With the vents are they going to have a water run off system or is it just a straight cut through?

I might be interested in a cf version of the Kaze bonnet if it's done properly 8)

And for the right price :wink: :lol:
Hmmm im not into bling usually, just horsepower - but that Kaze that was posted here was hot 8)
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Would this happen to be the bonnet your talkin bout :wink:
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

8O

can we just get that instead? :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Aye - that be the one. Dunno bout orange thou 8O
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Someone in Melb have that colour on his/her FTO.....not my kinda colour, looks really weird in real life.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dunno what Im gonna need to fit a blower in thou :P :twisted:
mr_bishi
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_bishi »

SG wrote:ill have a standard cf bonnet :)

As a guide the standard bonnet weighs about 16kg and my oem carbon bonnet with fibreglass reinforcing weighs approx 6kg
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,mr-dot-bishi.png[/img][/url]
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

haha im going to lose 10kg on myself aswell!
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

.....That poor poor FTO :(

I'd only be interested in CF for the weight loss factor as I'd just have it painted.

A vent right above the intake would be damn sweet too!
Saves having to rely on air coming in from the front bar.
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

Im interested... :lol: providing there is some time for me to save some bloody money! Between transmission dramas... Bodykit Groupy... New rims... I'm a bloody hobo! :twisted: Albeit a hobo with a sweet arse looking FTO! (Well it will look schweet once all this sh*t gets fitted!) :wink:
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

i'll have your questions answered once i get a chance to visit him. keep the questions rolling guys , shows me more ppl are interested and wont be another group buy like the b.kit one. yea northqldfto u will have some time coz i aint starting this groupy till the other one is finished ( cant take on too much at a time). so for the moment its an eoi. what im figuring is i can get him to make a few designs up for the group buy, say bout 3 or 4, u guys can pick which one u want and make it a propa groupie. sounds fair enuf?
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

:twisted: Well then... In that case... I am indeed INTERESTED... Bring on the designs :D

If my bank calls to complain about my sudden erratic & over indulgent spending habits I'm pointing them in YOUR direction Shue! :P
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!