General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Richo2003
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re- Registering Interstate

Post by Richo2003 »

Hey Everyone,

Having a bit a trouble finding an FTO here in Melbourne that I like so Im thinking of going to Sydney to have a look.

Anyone know of how you change it over to Victorian Plates.

I have just ordered Personalised Plates..............does that help or make it any easier??

Had a look on the web and there are heaps of FTO's up there so Im thinking it might be worth the trip.

Any help would be good :lol:

Cheers

Richo.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i've discussed about this in other forums before and apparently you won't have to rego it if it'll be towed interstate... but if you are gonna drive it however,then yes you will have to go through the re-registration process in its respective state.

hope that helps...
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Does this mean I would have to get a new roadworthy for it??? Or just a plate change???

Because I have got the personlised ones on the way.........
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm... not sure about roadworthy certs, but i'm almost certain that'll have to change as well because different states have different roadworthy regulations (despite the fact that all of them refer back to the ADR which is part of compliance anyway). Best thing to do is ask Vicroads/RTA and get the official word from them...
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Alrighty,

The official word from Vic Roads is:

* You have got to get a Victorian Road Worthy Certificate
* Reciept from DealerShip or Seller
* Quote the Engine and Chasis Number

So all in all could be a bit of a risk getting a car from Sydney.......hmmmm will have a think about it.

There are just so many more up there.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeh, Sydney and Brisbane/Gold Coast seems to carry a bulk of the imports coming into the country... there are so many import dealers over there, although how reliable/legit they are is anyone's guess...

in fact I had thought about moving up north to brissy once, but can't see myself doing it unless there is a really, really good job offer... hehehehe... would love to go to work in t-shirts rather than coats and ties here in melb's freezing temps!

hey btw here's another idea - why not buy a copy of Unique Cars magazine - they have pretty good ads all over the country from dealers to private sales...
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Might do that.........

Yeah QLD isnt bad, I only moved to Victoria 4 months ago so still getting used to it haa haa.

The 'Shirts' instand of suites thing is good for a while but man you can always get warm down here........up in QLD you can nver get cool.......its like an unwritten rule haa haa..

Might get a copy of the mag this arvo and have a look.

Cheers.

..........and yeah it would take a really really good job offer to make me go back...........
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

Wanna buy my FTO :lol:
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Sorry chop, looking to go through a dealer mainly because i have got to trade my car and I cant be bothered waiting to sell it privately......a coupla things wrong with it.

Didnt think it woudl be this hard to find one though............
elmo
Grease Monkey

rego

Post by elmo »

the car will have to go over the pits to re register interstae cause the all got different rules and wanna charge the inspection fee. Make sure you tell em about the plates when you do it though else you will have to pay a transfer fee or something, cause they will issue standard plates.