Alarms / Immobilisers

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MattG
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Alarms / Immobilisers

Post by MattG »

Just thought I'd start a new thread as the last was getting a bit off topic.
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:07 pm Post subject:

thanx 4 the feedback ppl, i woz seriously thinking about one... coz they got this Nemesis one which is supposedly top of the range going 4 $995 fitted. is that the one everyone has or is it the AA model or something?

are there any other alarms which are pretty decent?
so Brants not 2 bad then i guess? the immobiliser seems to be the biggest issue as everyone has said something about them...

I have the AA02A model alarm with extras such as window lifters, ultrasonics etc, I think it was about $800 or so installed. As I said before I am sure this has prevented my car getting stolen at least once.

As I previously said, there may be other alarms that are as good or even better than the Brant, but Dawes Insurance told me they have never had a car stolen that had a Brant alarm/immobliser fitted (whether that is true or not and how they define "stolen" is something else I guess).

Also keep in mind that if you have a standard FTO car battery, it may go flat during installation of the alarm (mine did). This is generally because you have left the radio on, or the interior lights come on when the car doors are open (they drain the battery fast!).

To combat this, turn everything off that you can, and the interior lights can be turned off by making the switches stay halfway between the on/door positions (a bit of tape or jamming some paper in may help to hold these in position).

Alternatively ask the installer if you have to have to battery connected the whole time, or maybe just connect it when he needs to test stuff.
M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

anyone had any personal experiences with Black Widow, Dominator, Viper, Code and Boomerang alarms/immobilisers?