Missing Mivec

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kazbah
National Secretary
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Missing Mivec

Post by kazbah »

Hay Guys, its me again looking for more info (btw thanx for all the other info u supplied helped greatly)

OK the topic of this weeks discussion is "MIVEC" stickers. I'm missing one on my GPX and I know you guys know a place (pleeeeese supply the string) in NZ supplies them. Just wondering price (with exchange rate) compared to having one made here using photos of the one I've got on the drivers side. By the way had my girl up to 160 at the weekend before I chickened out - hubby had his Suzuki GSX1300R Hyabusa at 290+ so I feel a bit of a girrrrl!

Thanx you guys

K
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

how about downloading one of these babies and go to your local graphic/print shop and get them to produce one for you?

click here --> http://www.mitsubishi-fto.org/downloads/logos/mivec.zip
kazbah
National Secretary

Sticker

Post by kazbah »

Thanks Mikey - sounds like the way to go..... :wink:
kazbah
National Secretary

Stickers

Post by kazbah »

Just thought I'd let you know the outcome. I downloaded the Mivec and FTO graphics from the site on to disk and brought them into Windsor Printing. The guy there was a great help, he took rubbings of the Mivec sticker I already have on the car and also of the FTO on the back to get the sizes right. He told me he would have them ready in 24-48 hrs. Should have them tomorrow, cant wait!!
Thanks again :P :lol: :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

you should get them made in silver chrome sticker with black outlinings... would look pretty schmick on a white body...! :D

damn i wish i had a white car now... :?
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

That would look great on a black car as well Mikey. You just gave me a great idea :wink:

How much is this costing u Kazbah?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

rxboy wrote:That would look great on a black car as well Mikey. You just gave me a great idea :wink:

How much is this costing u Kazbah?
yeah black would look very nice with chrome stickers too... great if you want that 'bling-bling' effect LOL...

...but the idea was inspired by the HKS S15 SIlvia drift car nevertheless!
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Will try to get the shadowchrome look since i got shadowchrome ROH rims. Chrome is just too RICE!!!
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

how much is it costing u man??

im thinking of getting a sticker for the FTO on the back
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Sorry guys dont have a price just yet (wanted them at any price!) but I figure no more than $20 - will let u know when I get them... I've gone for the charcoal grey to match the other Mivec sticker and the Mitsubishi and GPX on the back of the car - next very small addition will be a chrome grill for the air intake at the front of the bumper - $50 at super cheap autos!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

kazbah wrote:Sorry guys dont have a price just yet (wanted them at any price!) but I figure no more than $20 - will let u know when I get them... I've gone for the charcoal grey to match the other Mivec sticker and the Mitsubishi and GPX on the back of the car - next very small addition will be a chrome grill for the air intake at the front of the bumper - $50 at super cheap autos!!
nah, get a red one - it makes the car go faster! :P:D:D
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Oh no not red - I've already backed the car into the gate post (luckly only panel damage - didnt require any replacement parts) If I put any red on it I'd hate to think of the damage I could do... :oops: :cry: :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

kazbah wrote:Oh no not red - I've already backed the car into the gate post (luckly only panel damage - didnt require any replacement parts) If I put any red on it I'd hate to think of the damage I could do... :oops: :cry: :wink:
OUCH!! ...and you only bought the car not long ago, didn't you?

time for a wider driveway i suppose... ;)
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

OUCH!! ...and you only bought the car not long ago, didn't you?

time for a wider driveway i suppose
Problem solved...... Cos it happened right on dusk and my windows are pretty heavly tinted I mis-judged the position of the post..... I have now put reflector tape on the posts so fingers crossed it wont happen again :wink: Actually the most embarrassing part was that in my eight years of driving my Hyuandi Excel (thats the embarrassing part :oops: ) I never crashed the bloody thing once!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Btw before u ask - I only bought the Hyundai cos my Porche had been stolen and I figured no one would want to rip that off..... True story!!! :P :P :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

wow, from a Hyundai to a Porsche to an FTO... what next?? :D
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Got the order wrong Mikey - Porsche, Hyundai, FTO.... Next maybe something as common as a Mini Cooper S - whadoyathink? :wink: :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

kazbah wrote:Got the order wrong Mikey - Porsche, Hyundai, FTO.... Next maybe something as common as a Mini Cooper S - whadoyathink? :wink: :wink:
sorry... it's been a long day... :roll:

not a big fan of Mini's myself, but i notice they seem very popular with the girls though'... maybe i should get the Cooper as well eh?
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

not a big fan of Mini's myself, but i notice they seem very popular with the girls though'... maybe i should get the Cooper as well eh?
Maybe if you read the following specs on the Cooper S you'll change your mind about it being a chick car

0-100km in 7.4 sec
Supercharged 2ltr engine
120kw
weight is 1140kg
Top speed 218km/hr

Not bad for a pocket rocket I say... Could stack up against an FTO in a sprint... :P :P Also cant help liking the old mini - it was my first car :wink:
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Yeah but then you add the John Cooper Works kit to it and it'll be even faster :)

Or you can just upgrade the pulley with a kit from CAPA increasing the boost by 4 pounds for an extra 20+ HP at the wheels.

I've already checked into this for my boss.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts