Veilside Bodykit Copies

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FUZION
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Veilside Bodykit Copies

Post by FUZION »

Anyone know anyone locally we are selling the veilside copies - trying to decide wether or not to go through the trouble of importing them from HK (Topmix) or getting it through a local supplier.

Does anyone know of anyone actually making copies here (reducing cost)? Or anyone selling the kit (minus the rear spoiler) locally for something not too rediculous?

Anyone imported one themselves before? any idea on shipping & customs fees?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Veilside copies are the most commonly available kits for the FTOs and I'd be hard pressed to know that they're hard to get... speak to Rex from JR Auto in Box Hill (and tell him Michael sent you) - he'll take care of you mate. Price wise, i don't think it'll cost more than $2Gs all up incl fit + paint.

If no joy, go to Victor @ Jetspeed in Clayton.

...just be aware that because they are copies, there is no guaranteed perfect fit so you will have some minor gaps.
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Cheers thanks for the help..

Any idea how much fitting & painting normally costs - i guess just find a smash repairer who'll do it cheap?
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

fitting and painting is usally the cheapest bit.. and if your getting it all done at once.. it wont be too hefty.. prob 50% of the value of the parts bought on top...

And i would recommend Victor down at Motown/Jetspeed

Tell him Mark from ADT says hi.. and hopes his alarm still works ;-)
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

i'm also after a veilside front bar. i was told my hiro front spoiler couldn't be repaired because of the excessive damage. How much am i looking at for a new front bar painted and fitted? Or can anyone guide me to a place that has hiro front spoiler copies? Btw i seen your car Boney on springvale rd the other day. looks mad.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

have u fitted those rims mark? hope you're happy with 'em...

chops, if you like i can sell you my Type-R bumper (minus the lights) for $500 tops (unpainted).... but if you prefer the Veilside bumper, then just go to any performance shops that sells bodykits (ie: Jetspeed, JR Auto, Zero Sports etc)

and as boney said, you can expect to pay about 50% for fit+paint on top of the price you paid for the parts, which is close enough depending on which workshop you go to i suppose...
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

Ill take it off your hands!!!!!! How about next week?? Gimmie a call to arrange pick up. Thanx very much 02NV. I really need this front so please hold onto it for me.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

chop_sticks wrote:Ill take it off your hands!!!!!! How about next week?? Gimmie a call to arrange pick up. Thanx very much 02NV. I really need this front so please hold onto it for me.
SOLD! now i have to figure out how i can bring it down to Melb with me... it's kinda hard to fit inside my car!! ...unless you wanna pick 'em up from my place!
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

02NV wrote:have u fitted those rims mark? hope you're happy with 'em...

Long story... a few problems.. but that was my fault not yours... the good news is.. the rims are on.. and look great.. thanks dude :-)
SOLD! now i have to figure out how i can bring it down to Melb with me... it's kinda hard to fit inside my car!! ...unless you wanna pick 'em up from my place

Just fold backwards the front passenger seat and lay it from the front passanger footwell back to the rear of the car.. and put the seatbelt around it..

thats what i did when i had my bar fitted down at jetspeed and needed to get the orignal home... fits fine.. just have to manuvre a little bit to get it in and out the door..[/quote]
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

believe me man, it's easier dais than done in my case, esp when i only have a driveway for a single car garage!

...i'll see what i can do. :wink:
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

I think i'll be going with Zero-Sports - pretty much same price as everyone i tried ($2000 including fitting) - except victor @ jetspeed which quoted almost $1000 more!

Anyone had any experience with them? They have a shop in the city & do all their work out of Marybrnong..

I live in North melbourne, so seems the most convenient.

Or are there any other options for me?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FUZION wrote:I think i'll be going with Zero-Sports - pretty much same price as everyone i tried ($2000 including fitting) - except victor @ jetspeed which quoted almost $1000 more!

Anyone had any experience with them? They have a shop in the city & do all their work out of Marybrnong..

I live in North melbourne, so seems the most convenient.

Or are there any other options for me?
speak to Rex from JR Auto Concepts @ Box Hill, and tell him Michael sent ya... They're quite reasonable and the workmanship is spot-on.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

you could also pay a visit to Speedbox at Station St Box Hill (formerly known as Sonic Racing) - they do bodykits as well and their prices are actually very reasonable...

as for Zero Sports, i wouldn't even step foot in there even i they had 'Sale' signage on their display window... the guys there are not so friendly to deal with for a start, and in most cases some of the parts they carry are more expensive than others...
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Zero sports quote was the same as Autoconcepts ($2k including fitting) - only going to them so i don't have to get out to box hill to get it sorted :P.

Anyone know of anyone that's not in the eastern suburbs?

ie Inner City/North or West?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FUZION wrote:Zero sports quote was the same as Autoconcepts ($2k including fitting) - only going to them so i don't have to get out to box hill to get it sorted :P.

Anyone know of anyone that's not in the eastern suburbs?

ie Inner City/North or West?
The only place i can think of up north would be Auto Racing Technik @ Northcote (I think). West side you can speak to Cyber Century @ Footscray (but last time i checked they were going to 'start' selling bodykits soon)
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

Auto Racing Technik only do enigne mods and tunning and they are located in Thornbury near maztech.

I wouldn't go to Zero Sports (aka makspeed).
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh btw, i got to speak with the Team Wolf crew (with Petir Celica / Kilat Lexus) and they do most of the work with Wolf Auto Design @ St Kilda... is that close enough for you?

if they can import an APR widebody kit for the Celica from the 'States, I'm sure they'll have no problems getting you a Veilside kit for the FTO...
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Anyone had any issues with the copies - i know they sometimes don't fit to right - and if not fitted correctly opening doors and the like can pop 'em out, and moisture can get in behind 'em

But this was a guy who was trying to get me to go the real kit (as they just snap on and get sealed.. (so only really need to be painted)

GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FUZION wrote:Anyone had any issues with the copies - i know they sometimes don't fit to right - and if not fitted correctly opening doors and the like can pop 'em out, and moisture can get in behind 'em

But this was a guy who was trying to get me to go the real kit (as they just snap on and get sealed.. (so only really need to be painted)

yes, copied kits will have no guaranteed fit... my front spoiler was slightly wider hence there were some gaps on the side which did not sit flush onto the original bumper... most ppl get away with it by filling the gaps and painting over it, but i just added my splitters to hide it (and stop water from spilling through from the top).

The real kits from Japan is guaranteed to fit perfectly, but you will pay an arm & leg for it though... so if you don't mind to pay extra for a perfect fit, then get the original Veilside kit but don't expect much change out of $5K (plus fitting & painting).