Insurance...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fuhrer
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Insurance...

Post by fuhrer »

hey guys well ive been reading the previous post on insurance and like u guys i found that famous classis was the cheapest...
but unlike eyezonmei who posted the last post... i havet had luck with them about a month ago i ramed up a beemer my fault dont denie that... bout $3000 damage on my car and not sure bout the beemer as of yet but they keep screwing me a round and wont tell me when i can get it it asscessed its been 3 weeks and keep avoinding the question the place where i got the qoute have tried called them and still no luck... they have pics of the car but still wont give to go ahead so yeah just leting u guys to be carefull i will keep u all posted and let u know what happens as we r all paying pretty big premiums... the last thing we want is to be screwed...anways ill keep u peoples posted...
THE FUHRER
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

EeEeEks. That's kinda scary... Because yeah, as u know I'm currently dealing with them and I'm due in to get the car back this week. But with mine, I am 99% likely to withdraw the claim and pay the damages myself as the total came to less than the excess, which turns out to be about 2.5k for me! 8O. But the odd thing is that it was the assessor who told me that the damages are unlikely to come to 2.5k and to get a quote from this place first. And this place - ChassisTech in Croydon, they got the part numbers etc from mitsubishi, then checked the part numbers with local models, and that's how they found that the suspension parts, except for the strut arm were the same as the CC Lancer, so they ordered the CC Lancer parts instead of the FTO ones which had to be ordered from a company in Sydney which woulda have been shipped from Japan, meaning big delays and more $$$. They may be charging me $500+ish for labour, but I've gotten a call nearly everyday regarding the progress of my repairs, even about the wheel which was scratched and not their expertise to fix...
The odd thing is that the repairers had never heard of Famous Classic Car Insurance, but were somewhat familiar with the assessor who Famous Classic sent. And I know the assessor was 1 day late to the towing depot to assess damage, but did get there...
Will report regarding the quality of repair job etc, but note that I will be most likely withdrawing the claim, so I'll keep u posted on how easy that was etc...
Good luck with your situation though fuhrer, and do keep us posted! I'm so glad that didn't happen to me I was stressed enough if my car was still at the depot unassessed I would definitely been unable to do any of my exams!!!