Rattling noise in the rear passenger area...?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

k_gounder
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Rattling noise in the rear passenger area...?

Post by k_gounder »

Just recently purchased my 95 FTO. 2 months now. Very happy with it...except for this rattling noise I get when going over bumps and humps on the road. Comes from the rear passenger side of the car only.

Also get a sort of creaking/whirring noise that comes and goes from the rear passenger side. This noise is fine for days then it appears and pisses me off for a few hours and then dissappears!!

I had the car serviced and was told the car is in great condition...I also don't think it's anything major.

Just wondering if anyone out there might have a clue as to what the rattling or whirring noise could be.

Thanks for you help :D
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

The rattlign noise could be something as simple as the rear seat is not bolted tightly enough, or the covers in the boot over the side pockets are jumping around. A couple bits of velcro will secure these covers and stop them jumping around.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
k_gounder

Post by k_gounder »

I took the board covers out already as I thought that might have been the case also...but noise still there and I recently got the rear seats tightned as well.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

Hey my 95 GPX does the same...that annoying rattling noise espcially over speed humps.
I thought it might be my boot.... The wooden bottom is a little warped...but now i dont think its that....
im assuming suspension???
k_gounder

Post by k_gounder »

I also got my suspension checked out...It was supposedly top notch. I have to take their word I guess. I go to Unique Auto sports. They come highly reccomended and they are not cheap either...though they are good at what they do.

That's why I was hoping there was someone else with the same problem that could help :wink:

It's probably something really simple too :?
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Sounds stupid - but i had the same problem, but mine was just the left hand rear passanger seat belt hitting the interior plastic. I Just fastened the belt and that was it..

but hey you could have bigger issues :P
Chrisp
Apprentice

Post by Chrisp »

yeah i get a groaning/squeeking noise coming from the rear when i go over large bumps too.
I havent investigated fully yet, but i think it might be chassis/suspension/exhaust related.
my wooden boot cover is also warped slightly - funny how our cars are so similar.
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

mine had dat but it was a 20cent coin in the boot!!
also try to take to seats out and have a look. its not hard
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

I occasionally hear a groaning noise coming from the back seat whilst driving over bumps....then I turn around and tell the person in the back seat that if they had their own car they wouldn't have to put up with hitting their head ;)

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

rear seats are for passengers??? never knew that was possible LOL....
salacious
Grease Monkey

Post by salacious »

I get rattling from the back seat. It appears to be the hooks at the top. The back of seat just needs better positioned or some foam/plastic covering the clips.

It is definately the back of the seat as you can touch it and it stops.
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

02NV wrote:rear seats are for passengers??? never knew that was possible LOL....
no.. rear seats are for carting rims down to melbourne ;-)

as for the topic.. i had a rattley noise comming from the back.. turned out it was the plastic vibrating on the rear stop light on the roof on the rear window...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Boney wrote:
02NV wrote:rear seats are for passengers??? never knew that was possible LOL....
no.. rear seats are for carting rims down to melbourne ;-)
i hear you man... i'll be bringing 'em down to you this weekend in the arvo. Stay tuned - i'll be calling you to make arrangements.
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

I think i know how to solve the problem!!!

Just turn your stereo up REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!

Hope that helps :D

Brent
k_gounder

Post by k_gounder »

Yes that generally works for me...but every now and then I like a quiet drive in the countryside 8) (And it makes me :evil: when I hear the rattle...)

Maybe, I'll just bite the bullet and take it in to someone to have a look at...*sigh* (more money go bye bye at the mechanics)
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

What about peeders $14 safety check thing? I used to get a knocking sound when the rear swaybar bushes where gone, got em upgraded at k mac for about $30 i think?! that way when its on the hoist you can have a look under your car as well to check everything esle.

Brent