Dodgy businesses

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

elmo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dodgy businesses

Post by elmo »

I think we should compile a list of businesses that owners should boycott because they have had bad experiences with them or they have done dodgy or unprofessional work. (or just plain ripped you off)
We should give the businesses a chance to respond and rectify the situation else they should be black listed. There are enough good mechanics out there without having to use the bad ones so lets let everyone know who they are.
elmo
Grease Monkey

[u][i][b]DODGY BROTHERS[/b][/i][/u]

Post by elmo »

:evil: I will get the ball rolling on this one, and believe me I have quite a list and those people know who they are, and they visit this site too.
First cab off the rank is Unique Auto Sports.
FTO Seat Covers

John @ Unique Auto Sports has just let me know that he has a special on Seat covers this month. They are normally 45.00 each and are now 35.00 each. goto www.uniqueautosports.com.au for more information

John also tells me he will be having a special on pretty much everything in the last week of June. I will post a list of products relevant to the FTO as soon as it's supplied to me.

If you do go to Unique tell him about the website, so he knows where you heard about the specials.

Well I called UAS to order my Veilside kit. They qouted me the same price I got a few weeks ago. Actually it was $20 more expensive.
Sounds like someone is using this site for free advertising and then not coming through with the goods.
I am all for suppliers using the site to advertise new products and ones on special but they must be genuine.
These guys must have though I was an idiot cause even when I mentioned the sale they said that was the price. :?:

I dont expect something for nothing, but if someone says they have something or call and get a discount and then it falls through it is not only a poor way of running a bussiness it is what i call DODGY!!
:evil:
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

I believe that the said "deals" are being posted by Stephen, who is the moderator of this website. I know from speking to other people that they have been happy with the money and time they have spent with unique auto's. Dont take this the wrong way but $20 when it comes to a complete bodykit isn't that much. But, thats just my opion.

Brent
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

I believe that the said "deals" are being posted by Stephen, who is the moderator of this website. I know from speking to other people that they have been happy with the money and time they have spent with unique auto's. Dont take this the wrong way but $20 when it comes to a complete bodykit isn't that much. But, thats just my opion.

Brent
elmo
Grease Monkey

specials

Post by elmo »

I reckon pretty much everything means pretty much everything. And a special is a special so the staff should know about it and be prepared to offer it. Not deny they have a sale on if they think I might pay full price, oops sorry charge me more cause they think .... well i dunno what they think.....
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

hmmm elmo..you sound pretty bitter about it all...hows this for something to be bitter about...

i imported my car thru a reputable australian group and used the compliance garage they recommended. my car was stolen from the compliance garage and it took me about 5 months for them to replace it for me. the car they ended up giving me was worse thant the one i imported but the guy knew that i wanted a car and he knew that if i tried to sue him it'd take ages for me to get a car...

the car i imported was a 1996 manual gpx with factory sunroof, pod filter, exhaust, aftermarket springs, kenwood cd player + other mods

i settled for a 1995 manual gpx with minimal mods.

im still not sure if he rorted me or if it was legit....
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

i have had similar experiances with uas, the 2 times i decided to goto uas to get motul oil, i have rang them asked if they have it in stock, they said they have had plenty, roll upthere andthey cant find any !
I live in Hornsby and it takes me 30 mins to get the and back, and when i travel that distance i expect them to have the product if they say they have it. The first time I settled forthe turbo light oil, the 2nd time they tried selling me the next one up from the 6100, or asked me to come back in a week and they will change the oil for me for a nice $160. this also included changing the oil filter but that is fu%$in stupid. I have heard a lot of people bad mouth uas, and most of it gets to John, and i know this post will too ! But i decided to give them a chance, well 2 of them, and both times they didnt give me the goods. So im not going back to those guys im fed up with them, i know it sounds like a little thing but put together the time traveling it is at least 2 hours
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

STIK Performance Cars in Ivanhoe. Though not FTO-related, but seeing an R33 compliance plate on an R32 GTR seems very dodgy to me, and the salesguy were trying to convince me the difference b/w R33 and R32 with a V-Spec (clearly with no references to the body style)... what a load of wank
bennieboy
Apprentice

Attn: Chiang star

Post by bennieboy »

Hey man,

Im sorry to hear about how you got stuffed around with the importer and compliance place. :(

I too am planning to import a 97 model FTO GR and the last thing i would want is my dream to be wrecked by peoples greed and shiftiness.

Could you let me know which importer and compliance place so I can avoid this drama?

thanks in advance

benny
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Well that doesn't sound good at all when I was considering UAS for my facelift bumper. My only other choice that I am aware of is JustJap. Has anyone dealt with them before or now of anyone else that stocks the facelift front bumper?

I have already lost $150 from www.redlineperformance.com.au due to them pocketing my money and not supplying anything. I thought I was protected when I knew that another FTO owner had brought the same part from Redline but I'm still waiting over six months later. So even if the feedback on a business sounds OK it can still be dodgy!!!

What gives me the "irrits" though is the fact that they get away with it too easily. I mean I checked the legitimacy of the business before hand and everything. The Police can charge them for Internet Fraud but I need to lodge the statement PERSONALLY at a NSW station - as QLD won't do it. NSW Fair Trading gave up due to the businesses contact details being out of date. Plus the Police said they are very unlikely to pursue the matter as it's only $150! I really don't know how these people sleep at night!
lesfto
Apprentice

Post by lesfto »

SO glad 02NV already mentioned STIK Performance, becoz they are absolute w@nkers!

I don't want to go into details coz there are some sensitive details, but lets just say i was conned out of A$1500, and when i tried to reason with the owner, he called his lawyer who "bullied" me off the lot...

STAY AWAY FROM STIK!
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

thats funny coz i actually went to the address of redline imports and there was nothing there!!
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

indyfto, if you payed with your credit card, try getting in contact with your credit card co's corpoarte security or fraud prevention/control depts as they should be able to look after it for you.

Cheers
Brent
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

list so far...

UAS
www.redlineperformance.com.au
STIK performance....

i also have to add, when i bought my FTO from Big boys toyz(pre city), there was some parts missing from the car, like the covers in the boot, and chipped tail light but mostly smallish things... i asked them to get the parts of the car and they said ok, cos ud expect boot lining to be in the package.. anyways, after two weeks of asking them when the parts will arrive.. they always responded " i dont know when the part will be in"...... and i couldnt understand this cos as if you wouldnt checkup the status on your customers parts which they supposedly ordered. anyways week later i ring up again, phone line had been disconnected which was weird... so i thought id pay them a little visit, did, CLOSED DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHH
pretty annoyed,

AND THEN

they suddenly appear again with a "NEW" buisness in the city, i emailed the lady in charge she said they had no connection with the older Big boys toyz...

ohh welll

Jono
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

hey bennieboy
the compliance company was shogun racing imports.
i didnt get stuffed around by the importers...they were very professional and i was happy with them. just the compliancer had terrible security...in fact while i was still trying to get another car outta him, another car was stolen under his care.

legit or dodgy...i dont know...either way, a lost car is a lost car...its not worth the risk
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Austin wrote:indyfto, if you payed with your credit card, try getting in contact with your credit card co's corpoarte security or fraud prevention/control depts as they should be able to look after it for you.

Cheers
Brent
I paid by a/c transfer into their a/c unfortunately with the remainder to be deposited on receival of bumper that never arrived. I'm just glad I never transferred the whole amount first.

All this crap from a company that was advertising in HPI for god sake! Much like BigBoyzToyz I guess. So much for thinking that a company that can afford to have sizeable ads in "the" Aus import magazine would have to be anything but dodgy 8O
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

UAS pricing on bodykits is NOT good.... WAAAYYY too dear, I did get them to do the service on my car about month ago - a bit exy - but a good job..... :lol:
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Here's an addition to the list: Best Jap Wreckers in Ringwood VIC.
When I had my driver's side window smashed, I was shopping around for one at different wreckers. I called Best Jap 3 times within half an hour to make SURE that they had the DRIVER'S side window, NOT the passenger, and they confirmed it 3 times. 45 minutes of driving later, all they could say is they made a mistake.

A very minor problem compared to what happened to some of you, but still worth mentioning.
elmo
Grease Monkey

dodgy

Post by elmo »

RPW in Perth
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Guys,
i'm sorry to hear that you've had bad dealings with UAS, i've known john for a few years now and would never have posted anything if i didn't feel he was a reputable dealer.

as this is an open forum i expect you will be able to hear from john in the coming week's on individual cases if you feel that you need to be given a reason.

just a note $20.00 on a kit, that's nothing i've been able to get 100.00 differences two days apart from quite a few companies.

I'm not actively moderating these forums cause i believe as a bunch of adults we can work out what is reasonable to be said, please don't make me.

Stephen