Odyssey Batteries or other sealed/dry cell batteries

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Odyssey Batteries or other sealed/dry cell batteries

Post by kiz »

I'm doing a bit of research at the moment regarding a new battery to be used with my battery relocation to the boot in order to allow for a few things to be done in the engine bay, possibly somewhere in the far future; a turbo of some form

From my searching Odyssey branded dry cell batteries have been used by many people in similar modifications. I'm looking to find out if other people have or are using these batteries and whether they would recommend them or a similar product.

Price expectation is around the $300-$400 mark so that is no issue for me.

I have heard a few good things regarding the performance of the Odyssey PC925 dry cell battery.

Before any smart-asses comment; YES I have done a search on the forum AND if you're just coming onto here to make a comment along the lines of "what's the point" or "it's a waste of time" then please don't even bother

Cheers ;)
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: Odyssey Batteries or other sealed/dry cell batteries

Post by Vectose »

The question you need to ask yourself is what will you be running?

Will the battery be used for starting your car or will you have a decent sound system that you will be running with the car off?
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Vectose wrote:The question you need to ask yourself is what will you be running?

Will the battery be used for starting your car or will you have a decent sound system that you will be running with the car off?
At this stage just the car.

Potential in the future would include 1x Amp, probably no more than 500W and sub, no more than 500W.

From what I'm understanding the battery PC925 has a CCA of 380 which i'm lead to believe is sufficient for the car to start plus some additional equipment
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

I would recommend a Optima D34. I bought one last year and it is a great battery.

It is a bit on the larger side but I have run my 1200w RMS sound system for about an hour on full volume and I could still start the car.

Only costs about $260 as well.
Bennoz wrote:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Vectose wrote:I would recommend a Optima D34. I bought one last year and it is a great battery.
That was actually my second option. The Optima had a higher CCA but is 7kg heavier and like you said on the large side so :?

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Optima are great units. I have used he red top for about three + years now and it's still going strong.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea just comparing the red top and yellow top equivalents, they seem like two good options.

Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Red top is more suited as just a starting battery.

Yellow top is a deep cycle battery and can handle being discharged and recharged more than the red tops.

There are also smaller alternatives of the D34
Bennoz wrote:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Vectose wrote:Red top is more suited to just a starting car.

Yellow top is a deep cycle battery and can handle being discharged and recharged more than the red tops.

There are also smaller alternatives of the D34
Yea I compared them side by side, essentially year the red is higher CCA and a few others whereas Yellow better overall for additional equipment.

Might consider the yellow top due to potential additions in terms of I.C.E

destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

ive got the standard century battery in the boot., not sealed, not vented, no fuse. runs the sound system great and starts the car fine. have had in the boot for 15000kms with no issues. cost $120
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

destinationtoby wrote:ive got the standard century battery in the boot., not sealed, not vented, no fuse. runs the sound system great and starts the car fine. have had in the boot for 15000kms with no issues. cost $120
Yea i'm currently running a Century 620CCA but not interested in standard batteries for this conversion, thus why I am after sealed or dry cell options

Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

destinationtoby wrote:ive got the standard century battery in the boot., not sealed, not vented, no fuse. runs the sound system great and starts the car fine. have had in the boot for 15000kms with no issues. cost $120
Nek minnut, fire or battery acid corrosion all in your boot lol
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea exactly why I don't want a Century in my boot, having acid eat out the tray in the engine bay is no concern, having it eat out my boot, yea no thanks

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Soooo, are you trumpeting the fact that you're massive tight arse, or that you're a dodgy c**t that's not afraid to die in a car fire?
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Bennoz wrote:
Soooo, are you trumpeting the fact that you're massive tight arse, or that you're a dodgy c**t that's not afraid to die in a car fire?
Por que no los dos?