General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bryan
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Squeaky sounds

Post by bryan »

Hey guys,

Just wandering if any of you are having the same experience of occasionally squeaky sounds from the front of the car especially when braking or going over bumps.

Any idea why this is happening? it it due to old suspensions? im totally clueless trying to figure this out...
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Squeaky sounds

Post by PHIL069 »

My guess would be sway bar bushes and/or suspension bushes.

They would be moar squeaky in cold weather.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

PHIL069 wrote:My guess would be sway bar bushes and/or suspension bushes.

They would be moar squeaky in cold weather.
oh i see...is there anything i could do? is it damaging to my car? does your fto squeak as well?
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

You could replace the suspension bushes, it should take away the noise and give you better handling.
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

-Nighthawk- wrote:You could replace the suspension bushes, it should take away the noise and give you better handling.
ok thank you...ill check that out...as my car is making music now ( tap*tap*squeak*squeak) :lol:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Press on the driver and passenger side of the car in the front to get a bouncy action. I had a similar squeak with the pajero and it was the sway bar links.
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Press on the driver and passenger side of the car in the front to get a bouncy action. I had a similar squeak with the pajero and it was the sway bar links.
ive tried pressing the front sides of the car but dont seem to hear any squeaks from there though..only hear them when i drive..ill give it a try again..maybe i have to use more strength to hear the squeaks.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

another easy way to test is drive very slowly over bumps/holes/speed breakers around a parking lot... try to approach them from different angles (passenger side/driver side wheel) first instead of straight head on.
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:another easy way to test is drive very slowly over bumps/holes/speed breakers around a parking lot... try to approach them from different angles (passenger side/driver side wheel) first instead of straight head on.
yes ive done that especially loud when i brake or turn to the right... should be the suspension bushes?
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Press on the driver and passenger side of the car in the front to get a bouncy action. I had a similar squeak with the pajero and it was the sway bar links.

i used a little more force this time, and i got a squeak from the right front wheel, so possibly suspension bushes i guess.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Wouldn't hurt to change the swaybar links and their bushes first and check.
http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_det ... mber=42733
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Check the flux capacitor
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Wouldn't hurt to change the swaybar links and their bushes first and check.
http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_det ... mber=42733
yeah went to pedders to get them checked..was the bushes...quoted 550 to change them..
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Lol? $550 to fix sway bar links? Wtf!!
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Lol? $550 to fix sway bar links? Wtf!!
to fix rear and front lower control arm bush...he also said my shocks may need changing as its over 100k already. its the labour thats the killer.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Don't get pedders to do your work. They are just a bunch of thieves. Find a reputable garage around your area. If you supply the parts then that becomes cheaper. See if any local member is willing to lend you a hand. I will be changing control arm and trailing arm bushes sometime soon. Will order the parts, open the said arms, take it to my mechanic to have new bushes pressed, install them back again. If you are not confident about working in your car yourself, at least pick up the parts and find a reputable mechanic. Just don't get the work done at pedders.
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Don't get pedders to do your work. They are just a bunch of thieves. Find a reputable garage around your area. If you supply the parts then that becomes cheaper. See if any local member is willing to lend you a hand. I will be changing control arm and trailing arm bushes sometime soon. Will order the parts, open the said arms, take it to my mechanic to have new bushes pressed, install them back again. If you are not confident about working in your car yourself, at least pick up the parts and find a reputable mechanic. Just don't get the work done at pedders.
oh really?? u had a bad experience with them?? yeah im asking payaya whether he can help out but he hasnt replied. dont know much mechanics in vic. you going to change them yourself?
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Search for pedders in the whirlpool forums. Not just me, know many who have had bad experience with them. Yep I will be trying to change those bushes myself. I have two other vehicles apart from the fto, so I won't get stuck without a car, and I can ferry things to the mechanic to get the bushes pressed.
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

shadowarrior wrote:Search for pedders in the whirlpool forums. Not just me, know many who have had bad experience with them. Yep I will be trying to change those bushes myself. I have two other vehicles apart from the fto, so I won't get stuck without a car, and I can ferry things to the mechanic to get the bushes pressed.
niceee....sounds like you can start a workshop at your place haha...

yeah ill see if i can find an alternative method...when will you be buying the parts?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Search for pedders in the whirlpool forums. Not just me, know many who have had bad experience with them.
Yep, I got fleeced before I knew better. Paid $1100 for a steering rack rebuild that didnt end up fixing the problem id taken it to them for. :evil:
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you