Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

destinationtoby
Broke it
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MIVEC timing belt kit on sale - camskill

Post by destinationtoby »

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p1287/M ... GPvR_Mivec

Not a bad price !
Found it while searching for the rear rocker cover gasket. I can not find it anywhere. Could someone please link me to one? Or the part#
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: MIVEC timing belt kit on sale - camskill

Post by Vectose »

I thought you learned your lesson with Camskill and their shipping prices. :troll:

Rocker cover gasket

http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=MD309002

They have stock in Australia as well.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

It is interesting, however still comes out to $145 without shipping (which is the killer)
It also doesnt include seals or idler pulley which most other kits do on ebay for the same price (but at the same time comes with ps/alt/ac belt which the others dont)
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Extra 10 pounds for the idler pulley

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p37116/ ... X_and_GPvR

Also on sale
destinationtoby
Broke it

Taz wrote:It is interesting, however still comes out to $145 without shipping (which is the killer))

True.
Vectose wrote:I thought you learned your lesson with Camskill and their shipping prices. :troll:

Rocker cover gasket

http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=MD309002

They have stock in Australia as well.

Thanks mate, so thats the part number for the rear one? How does amayama work? I've added to the cart and proceeding to checkout, now it's asking for the cars problem, make,model,VIN etc :?
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Taz wrote:It is interesting, however still comes out to $145 without shipping
Did you remember to deduct the VAT?
Taz wrote:Extra 10 pounds for the idler pulley

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p37116/ ... X_and_GPvR

Also on sale
That is the one I bought. It is not "on sale"
The "special offer" is that it includes the power steering and air con belts.
Bennoz wrote:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

destinationtoby wrote: Thanks mate, so thats the part number for the rear one? How does amayama work? I've added to the cart and proceeding to checkout, now it's asking for the cars problem, make,model,VIN etc :?
Front and rear rocker cover gaskets are the same.

You need to create an account. You don't have to put in the problem. Just fill in all the other details about your car.

Then you add the products to your cart and submit a quote. They will then get back to you within a couple of days with a shipping price.

Just do a search for Amayama on the forum and you will see more discussions about it.
Last edited by Vectose on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bennoz wrote:
destinationtoby
Broke it

Taz wrote:It is interesting, however still comes out to $145 without shipping (which is the killer)
It also doesnt include seals or idler pulley which most other kits do on ebay for the same price (but at the same time comes with ps/alt/ac belt which the others dont)

105 euro is 130 aud, plus is it 50 aud for postage? So $180 is still a decent price isn't it.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

destinationtoby wrote:
Taz wrote:It is interesting, however still comes out to $145 without shipping (which is the killer)

105 euro is 130 aud, plus is it 50 aud for postage? So $180 is still a decent price isn't it.
It's 50gbp postage for up to 5kg.

So unless you are gonna place a big order and get 5kg worth of stuff shipped over, it isn't worth it.
Bennoz wrote:
destinationtoby
Broke it

Vectose wrote:
destinationtoby wrote: Thanks mate, so thats the part number for the rear one? How does amayama work? I've added to the cart and proceeding to checkout, now it's asking for the cars problem, make,model,VIN etc :?
Front and rear rocker cover gaskets are the same.

You need to create an account. You don't have to put in the problem. Just fill in all the other details about your car.

Then you add the products to your cart and submit a quote. They will then get back to you within a couple of days with a shipping price.

Just do a search for Amayama on the forum and you will see more discussions about it.

Thanks.. Probably just saved me $100 or $200 fkd if I no what woulda happened if I sourced it from camskill :mrgreen:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

it comes out to about the same price as what you can get in AUS (youre right vectose i forgot to minus the VAT :facepalm2:)
But maybe for an extra 10 bucks you can buy locally and get it in a day or two :shrugs:
And vectose - only saw the special offer and was fooled haha - either way its getting an extra pulley for only 10 bucks over the 'on special' one (or was that a special offer instead as well?)

Just ordered a bunch of goodies for the FTO im buying -
Timing belt kit,
Iridium spark plugs
magnetic sump (for 8 bucks why not :lol:)
filter kit (oil, fuel and air)
complete engine gasket set - if im going to be pulling it out and replacing a bunch of sh*t i might as well go the full monty and do it all at the same time so its mint 8)

All for 470AUD delivered which isnt bad imo - the ONLY thing not there is the waterpump kit which i can get off fleabay locally

So for under 2500, getting a mint GPX with the engine having said work done on it. Plus all the goodies im pinching from the GPR like 2k of stereo, new carpet, materiel-less door cards and slotted rotors with new green stuff pads 8)
destinationtoby
Broke it

Taz wrote:it comes out to about the same price as what you can get in AUS (youre right vectose i forgot to minus the VAT :facepalm2:)
But maybe for an extra 10 bucks you can buy locally and get it in a day or two :shrugs:
And vectose - only saw the special offer and was fooled haha - either way its getting an extra pulley for only 10 bucks over the 'on special' one (or was that a special offer instead as well?)

Just ordered a bunch of goodies for the FTO im buying -
Timing belt kit,
Iridium spark plugs
magnetic sump (for 8 bucks why not :lol:)
filter kit (oil, fuel and air)
complete engine gasket set - if im going to be pulling it out and replacing a bunch of sh*t i might as well go the full monty and do it all at the same time so its mint 8)

All for 470AUD delivered which isnt bad imo - the ONLY thing not there is the waterpump kit which i can get off fleabay locally

So for under 2500, getting a mint GPX with the engine having said work done on it. Plus all the goodies im pinching from the GPR like 2k of stereo, new carpet, materiel-less door cards and slotted rotors with new green stuff pads 8)

Did u order all that from camskill?
I'm not sure weather I should do the timing belt kit on mine.. Would the previous owner have had it done before 150000kms? The belts seem to have no wear and be in really good nick still :/ so don't want to waste money.

I should do my plugs when I do the gasket- how much we're they?
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Taz wrote:But maybe for an extra 10 bucks you can buy locally and get it in a day or two :shrugs:
I was talking about both of them. They are both the same "special offer" that include the power steering and air con belts.
Taz wrote:the ONLY thing not there is the waterpump kit which i can get off fleabay locally
I got my water pump for $60 from Super Cheap Auto. :cheers:
Bennoz wrote:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

destinationtoby wrote:Did u order all that from camskill?
I'm not sure weather I should do the timing belt kit on mine.. Would the previous owner have had it done before 150000kms? The belts seem to have no wear and be in really good nick still :/ so don't want to waste money.
Timing belt should be done every 100,000kms or every 5 years. And if you are not sure if the previous owner changed it, then you should probably change it.
destinationtoby wrote:I should do my plugs when I do the gasket- how much we're they?
Cheapest place to buy them: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-x-NGK-Irid ... 257813410d

Do a search, all this has been discussed before.
Bennoz wrote:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

sh*t only $60?
Did that include the gasket?
Think that might be the way to go then....cant argue with $60 - im assuming they had to order it in though? or common enough part to stock locally? Reckon the bursons up the road would be cheaper?
destinationtoby wrote:Did u order all that from camskill?

I should do my plugs when I do the gasket- how much we're they?
Yep :)
Unless youve taken off the timing cover and inspected the belt im gonna assume by 'belts' you mean the ps/ac belts in which case thats not really a good indication, as they could be changed without doing the timing belt. Take the front cover off and have a quick look. If there is any fraying on the edges at all thats a definite sign to change it over gambling it wont break soon.
Im assuming it would have been done at some stage, usually at 90 or 100km

Plugs are about 60 a set off ebay, 80ish in stores and i got them from 40 from camskill - however keep in mind i didnt cop 100 shipping for them alone, so it was worth getting them while i was already getting everything else.
Best bet is ebay, as when i did them for my GPR i paid i think $15 odd each as i needed them that day.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Taz wrote:sh*t only $60?
Did that include the gasket?
Think that might be the way to go then....cant argue with $60 - im assuming they had to order it in though? or common enough part to stock locally? Reckon the bursons up the road would be cheaper?
Yup, included the gasket. Same part as a HJ Galant.

On their online parts search it was $80, but when I walked in they said $60. They did have to order it in, but it came the next day.

Bursons wanted about $130 for one.
Bennoz wrote:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

sweeeet
beats the $144 fleabay wants...
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

You can buy GPX rocker gaskets from Mitsubishi for $60.00! No delivery charges and they will have it or have it for you the next day!!
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Why pay $60 when you can buy them for $30 delivered. It is Australian stock so you will get it in a day or two.
Bennoz wrote:
destinationtoby
Broke it

Vectose wrote:Why pay $60 when you can buy them for $30 delivered. It is Australian stock so you will get it in a day or two.

This^
Got it 2days later $27.50 total