it is necessary the help on clutch.

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mksmss
jedwabna poszewka promocja

it is necessary the help on clutch.

Post by mksmss »

Hi, everybody.
I from Russia, from the city of Smolensk - therefore ask to forgive for my bad English...)))

People tell me, who is one of you changed in the FTO to the motor home dvigptel 6a13tt of Legnum VR-4 ....? (I changed to native FTO engine and transmission for avtamaticheskuyu 6a13tt and manual transmission from simple FTO-2.0).

Hence the question: what you need to put the clutch (which brand) for the manual transmission
on this engine? - Preferably with references))

What ceramic clutch for FTO you recommend?
spency
Mechanic

Re: it is necessary the help on clutch.

Post by spency »

exceddy heavy duty clutch suited to the fto will.do the job.
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Exedy MBK-6429HD :cheers:

I think nvr2low went for the same clutch in mine... and it's heavy as fck!
stuck in the traffics with a sore leg' :(

Bennoz wrote: There's a whole bunch of cool clutches to pick from. You can use anything from the Evo III range.

I used the Evo III HD when I did the 6A13 conversion. Its all the same 225mm units.

viewtopic.php?p=173602#p173602

http://clutchfinder.exedy.com.au/

Bennoz wrote:Aza - can get more Interceptors, dunno bout install & tune price. Im sure the guys at Envy will be able to tell you.

Ok, was a productive day, many questions answered.

The whole clutch assembly has to be FTO if using the FTO box. The pictures will explain it better. The FTO sandwich plate has to be used, the FTO flywheel has to be used and an FTO clutch has to be used.

Now, nvr2low, I used the flywheel I sold to you as a template to work all this out - unfortunately, my engineer has told me that its fucked... the heat warp from the old clutch is too bad to machine out. So, sorry man, send me a pm with your bank details & I will refund your money asap. Will see if I can find some wreckers near you that might have one. I had to go and buy another FTO flywheel from a wrecker today, then have it machined.

The FTO flywheel is actually slightly smaller than the 6A13 flywheel, so the first thing you have to do is change the sandwich plates over to the FTO unit - the sandwich plate governs where the starter motors bolts in - in this case, with an FTO flywheel, the starter has to come in closer than it would on the 6A13 setup. Its an easy job, 2 bolts. 6A13 plate on the left, FTO on the right.

Now for the clutch kit. As you can imagine, from the factory, the 6A13 comes with a heavy clutch, it has to drive 4 wheels after all. So now that we have to use an FTO clutch, we need it to be heavy too... not that its driving 4 wheels, but the FTO clutch is designed for use with around 120kws at the wheels, now an FTO clutch has to cope with upto 250kws at the wheels. So we went with a Excedy super heavy duty, organic sintered plate clutch. Strangely enough, its the same clutch as used in the EVO III.

Excedy part number is MBK-6429HD. Its a 225mm clutch, it cost me $427 at trade price - and that includes machining of the flywheel that I bought today. Here are some pics with the plate, pressure plate & flywheel.

Machined flywheel

Clutch plate

Pressure plate

The whole completed assembly

Then came the fun part, the timing belt, water pump & ancillary belts (air con, power steering etc.) I cant stress enough how much of a c**t of a job the timing belt is... I see why mechanics charge thousands of dollars to do them. It was an ass even with the motor out of the car. I didnt change tensioners because they simply didnt need replacing.

Part numbers & trade prices:
Water pump TF4012 (Trueflow) - $88.60
P/S & Air con belt B6PK1055 - $22.00 (35mm shorter than the FTO belt)
Alternator belt B4PK0950 - $16.40 (30mm shorter than FTO belts)

Motor is now ready to be test fitted tomorrow. Will be moving brake lines around on the firewall & checking out the thermo fan situation.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

WAIT...

There are FTOs in Russia as well? This is awesome! :cheers:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

WTTC :D
FTO Australia = FTO Earth
Mini bonfire in Russia now too :cheeky:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Time for you to photoshop that photo of the crack a tinny tribe. Replace the beer cans with empty vodka bottles.

And WTTC mksmss!
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)