Forum fees

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Forum fees

Post by PHIL069 »

aza013 wrote:And to add Ben runs the place, pays the bills to keep it running, so he can do what ever he likes :twisted: .
Does the forum solely rely on Bennozs' own money to pay the way?
Can't we have some sort of revenue raising events so FTO Australia pays its own way?
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Re: Evo VII going cheap

Post by aza013 »

Well when Ben let's us know that it's due we ( the admin staff ) normally chuck some $$ his way to help out.
If we started getting members to chip in then we would start a membership fee to join the club.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Can't we hold an annual BBQ fundraiser or something? Would be fun for members and also help pay for fees.
Last edited by Vectose on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

But im enjoying being a freeloader oh so much :( :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I think we have gone a bit off topic here "future split thread" ;)
but...........
Couldn't we also have paying and non paying members?
Paying members could maybe have the colour of their 'name' different. Maybe receive members t-shirt and/or keyring and/or sticker. Maybe other benefits???????
or
Annual FTO Australia Car Show, entry fee, BBQ, trophies etc.....
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Re: Forum fees

Post by Bennoz »

I still pay for it, but the cost has been substantially reduced these days. I buy 'blocks' of hosting out of the States
With each block I can host 16 dedicated sites (more if the customer is happy to use a shared IP, ie a low volume site.)

Plus with added hosting competition is the States, the prices have actually come down by almost half in the 7 years I've been hosting it.
I think I now pay about $200 a year. I don't mind paying at all, it's very much covered by my other paying customers ;)

Whilst I've got the forum running like a well oiled machine, since moving off the horrible & no longer supported phpnuke, the
pure phpbb has a been a breeze to administer. Having said that, I'm sure the site could use improvements. We really neeed
a cover page lol.... and a skin to the downloads section amongst other things.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

I still need to finish off the design of the forum layout :P
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

That too ^ :lol:
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

PHIL069 wrote: Paying members could maybe have the colour of their 'name' different.
i really like this idea!!
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

phi-tec wrote:
PHIL069 wrote: Paying members could maybe have the colour of their 'name' different.
i really like this idea!!
+1
even can have custom nicknames/tags under their username instead of the usual Regular/Mechanic etc. It's more of the forum's way to say thank you to those donors.
Also...Annual BBQ fundraising sounds awesome...the location revolves every year...e.g: NSW one year...QLD next..Vic next and so on.

I also like club t-shirts, hoodies, beer stubs, number plate holders, stickers idea...
Someone organizes a bulk production and members can buy at a nominal cost.
Last edited by shadowarrior on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Why not just all put in for some more stickers & flyers to be made up if ben is happy with his other customers paying :lol:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

yeah tbh i dont like having mechanic under my name :L i am in no way a mechanic..

and stef should have ':lol: spammer' instead of old timer :P
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Connor_1994
Mechanic

Post by Connor_1994 »

i do like the tshirts and jumpers idea,
how many extremly active members do we have,
im sure a $10, $5 or evan a $2 a year membership could cover the costs of the site,
which could open the clubs other internal revenue up to other exciting things :P
whatever they could be haha
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Happy to work with fund raisers & merchandise, however changing forum names, ranks & colours is a bit fiddly.

I reckon we're long over due for official (good quality!) shirts (can be personalized) keyrings, hats (cough) and coffee mugs / stubby holders!
Connor_1994
Mechanic

Post by Connor_1994 »

shirts yes! keyrings f**k YES
lol

evan commodore mags and performance imports bought out keyring bottle openers last month, lol
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

regional fundraisers? e.g qld.. nsw ?
u guys should do one on bonfire day
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:Happy to work with fund raisers & merchandise, however changing forum names, ranks & colours is a bit fiddly.

I reckon we're long over due for official (good quality!) shirts (can be personalized) keyrings, hats (cough) and coffee mugs / stubby holders!
Yeah would be good to get atleast a good polo club shirt. Like the old style ones not a T Shirt like the :utbnb: one. :lol:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Connor_1994
Mechanic

Post by Connor_1994 »

^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA^^^

i like that
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Kustom wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Happy to work with fund raisers & merchandise, however changing forum names, ranks & colours is a bit fiddly.

Yeah would be good to get atleast a good polo club shirt. Like the old style ones not a T Shirt like the :utbnb: one. :lol:

yeah, thing with printing 't shirts'are, the original t shirt used are bad quality, go sh*tty after a wash or two.. buy polos from like cotton on, they are pretty decent quality i used to use black ones for work, stayed decent condition even after a few uses :D
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Man, LOOK at what I have started :P
Community spirit in two threads at once :lol:
Loving it :thumright:
Polo shirts = yeh :D
Fund raisers = yeh :D
Stickers = yeh :D
Changing forum names, ranks & colours is a bit fiddly = yeh, we are worth it ;)