Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Custom Interior Work

Post by Taz »

Hey guys
So it has come to my attention that after what was meant to be a one off job for a member has turned into quite a few people wanting this work done.
Over the last past couple of days i have managed to research materials and even get a prototype up of what all my future work will be like (see pic below)
I intend on eventually being able to do anything and everything that a customer may want, but certain central things i will be mostly doing at a fixed cost.
Right now im gauging how much to charge depending on labour and materials cost (will have to do a few more panels to get efficient enough to give a fixed panel price as it took a whole day to do just one (mind you half a day was trial and error the final piece took me a few hours))
Will get more pics up as i do more for more 'clients' :lol: but this one here is a little teaser, my customer wanted a red so here was the red - however i will be doing a nice white for the upper half, as it looks too good together with the red.
As for price, right now im thinking for the door trims as they will be the hardest of the lot around $100 a door, although this is subject to change to drastic change, its only a ballpark figure at this stage (other panels will most likely be cheaper as i suss them out)
I am getting started on the rear seat panels after i finish typing, and will have those pics up soon as well, they will be in white however as ive used the last of my red till i can get down to the shops.
Hope you enjoy and hope to be doing some work for many of you in the future!
Dont hesitate to ask for quotes or if i can do something extraordinary :D :twisted:

And btw, fixed up the top left corner by the speaker screen, now very neat and clean edge! :twisted:
Attachments
IMAG0131.jpg
IMAG0132.jpg
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Re: Custom Interior Work

Post by Technikhaus »

Looks good!
Is it leather?
Oh and you need to focus the top image a but more :lol:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

So the zepyhr vinyl im currently using is a bit hard to work with, especially on contoured panels, so im experimenting with others now.
Prices so far are going ot be (subject to change)

Door Trims: 75 or 100 for both panels, 200 for both doors, both panels.
Rear seatbelt panel: 35 ea
Rear lower panel: Inside groove only is 35, whole panel is 50
Centre console: 40, lid is an extra 10
Windscreen panel thingies - that are on either side between the door and windscreen - 15 ea.
Kick plates - panels by your feet on floor by door, 20 ea

I can also respray the stereo surround and upper ac surround (these are much harder to do than they look for a perfect finish)
I am pretty flexible with price, especially if you have cash you want to dispose of now.
I can do an entire car, comprised of all panels above for around 400 (thats all options and including surrounds resprayed)
My current pallet is a dark red, white 2 tones of pink, one heavier than the other and a few other tones my taste doesnt accomodate :lol: like brown, light brown etc, but specific colors either might not be available or have to be done in a different fabric.
For now i will offer the bottom door trim panel in the zepyr vinyl, as i can manage that, but probably not for long as it is much harder than the one im experimenting with.

Hit us up if your keen for a specific quote or custom custom work not mentioned here (i can do custom boot installs with amps and subs etc)
A whole car will take about a week maybe more, as most panels have to be done in sections, and have to dry overnight so i would advise to let me know beforehand to make sure im not already on someone elses car.
Right now im happy to travel over brisbane to do this, and currently daniel2019 is the only lucky sydney customer as i have only one set of panels spare and he was in first, if your happy to pay for shipping and be without panels for a few days i can do that as well.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

No its not leather, jesus that would be too hard to work with i think, its 'zephyr vinyl', which again is a bit hard to work with the contours, but im working that out :o
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Wish I was in Aus, Would be too expensive I think to send all my panels over there lol
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Xeno
Grease Monkey

Post by Xeno »

Im interested o-o

so are you selling red ones or are you able to do them in any colours

im from sydney soo yeh LOL
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Xeno, being in sydney is going to be hard as i only have one set of spare panels that im saving for Daniel, unless you want to cop the freight for all panels up here, go without them for a week then cop freight back down - i wouldnt recommend it - and it takes about a week and i cant cut corners or make the glue dry any quicker sorry so i cant even do it at the bonfire if i wanted too.
Xeno
Grease Monkey

Post by Xeno »

haha no worries, take your time (:

Im still waiting to get pass my Ls == they just seems to hate me.

Hopefully i can get them before the bonfire (:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

OK well i have worked with several different types of fabrics from zephyr vinyl to thin fabrics and it seems what i am after i cant really get in Aus at either a reasonable price or a big enough pallet of colors so i have to import it from the states at roughly 35 a yard plus postage (1 yard is roughly .9 metres)
This will ultimately have an effect on my prices, which should bump them up say another 10-15 a panel depending on the size of the panel, but ultimately ill have to quote up a whole project to see how much i can get out of certain lengths etc.
Cheers
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

is there any other kind of suitable material?
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Not that I'm satisfied with no. I'm a perfectionist so only the best and you can't beat that vinyl look.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

OK here is a pic of the pallet that is available to me - my orders have to be placed in the states and shipped over here with notice to the company first as they dont usually ship outside the US im told.
I will most likely need a bank deposit first for cost of materials and once they arrive i can get to work, and receive the rest of payment when the job is done. Due to the nature of having 2 jobs, 2 cars a GF and what i hope is a life i will need adequate notice of a job beforehand so im not told 1 day in advance 'hey dude can u do my whole car tomorrow?' or something. This process will take 2 weeks at least from point of notification to in your car looking sexy.
Cheers
Taz
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Taz wrote:OK here is a pic of the pallet that is available to me - my orders have to be placed in the states and shipped over here with notice to the company first as they dont usually ship outside the US im told.
I will most likely need a bank deposit first for cost of materials and once they arrive i can get to work, and receive the rest of payment when the job is done. Due to the nature of having 2 jobs, 2 cars a GF and what i hope is a life i will need adequate notice of a job beforehand so im not told 1 day in advance 'hey dude can you do my whole car tomorrow?' or something. This process will take 2 weeks at least from point of notification to in your car looking sexy.
Cheers
Taz
I see no pic? :lol:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

ugh might help if i press add file before i submit. I just woke up, thats my excuse and im sticking to it!
Attachments
colors.jpg
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

Carbon fiber wrapping all round and a wine barrel sub box at the back seat 8)
Quote me!
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

1 Million Dollars!
Attachments
dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg
dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 395 times
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

*Bring out blue print to AWD conversion* I'm thinking about giving it to the goats to eat. 8)
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

OOH ARE THOSE MY PANELS?? They look perfect man, exactly what I was picturing! :mrgreen: <3
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Xeno
Grease Monkey

Post by Xeno »

Give me a quote perhaps? (:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Xeno wrote:Give me a quote perhaps? (:
Going to be xpensive i can tell you that as your in sydney.
IN saying that, if your happy to cop postae for the panels you want done to me, and from me then im sure we can work something out. You would also have to surrender your panels for a week or so while i work on them...which you probably dont want to drive around without a door trim or centre console etc etc but if your keen on a quote and are happy with those terms let us know.