Cool Things To Do In The UK

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cool Things To Do In The UK

Post by I8A4RE »

You may or may not know me and the misses are heading to Kuala Lumpur and then the UK next month. Just wondering if anyone has been to either and could suggest some "must do" things while we are there, cheers.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: Cool Things To Do In The UK

Post by Shhtuart »

Stay indoors.

Snow seems to put a dampener on everything... unless you're a polar bear.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Laugh at their dentistry?

Actually, there's nothing fun to do in the UK.
LED ALL the things.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Never been, however, I'd love to.

For sight seeing if your keen, there's the usual.
Windsor Castle
Stonehenge
York Minster
Edinburgh Castle

That's a few that I've always wanted to see from all the touristy recommendation websites.

If you go to London itself, then that should be a no brainer as to what to see..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, went there & did the regular stuff. Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye (big ass ferris wheel on the Thames)

Best thing to do, is get on one of the big red tourist buses. They loop the city stopping at all the major sights.
1 ticket will alow you to get on & off as many times as you like. For instance, jump off at Buckingham Palace to watch
the changing of the gaurd, then just jump back on the next bus that arrives, they circle all day & there are a couple of
different routes they take :)

Once you've done all that crap, the only thing left to do is drink. The pubs are awesome. Head into Covent Gardens or Soho.
Also, have a squiz at Camden in the citys north. Its super alternative, bit like Newtown. Good pubs, lots of goths, lezos & the markets.
Oh & get yourself an 'Oyster Card' - its a rechargable tube ticket. The tube is awesome, get anywhere in minutes (except
in peak hour if there's been a breakdown.)

After that, get out & pop over to Amsterdam :hey:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:After that, get out & pop over to Amsterdam :hey:
Thats where I learnt to drink
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Kustom_FTO wrote:
It's where I learnt how to get aids when crocked.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah, went there & did the regular stuff. Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye (big ass ferris wheel on the Thames)

Best thing to do, is get on one of the big red tourist buses. They loop the city stopping at all the major sights.
1 ticket will alow you to get on & off as many times as you like. For instance, jump off at Buckingham Palace to watch
the changing of the gaurd, then just jump back on the next bus that arrives, they circle all day & there are a couple of

Once you've done all that crap, the only thing left to do is drink. The pubs are awesome. Head into Covent Gardens or Soho.
Also, have a squiz at Camden in the citys north. Its super alternative, bit like Newtown. Good pubs, lots of goths, lezos & the markets.
Oh & get yourself an 'Oyster Card' - its a rechargable tube ticket. The tube is awesome, get anywhere in minutes (except

Awesome stuff cheers mate. Yeah we have just enough time to see one other country. We were going to go to france but I really want to see either Ireland or Amsterdam.

Looks like Amsterdam it is ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:
Kustom_FTO wrote:
It's where I learnt how to get aids when crocked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Yeah, went there & did the regular stuff. Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye (big ass ferris wheel on the Thames)

Awesome stuff cheers mate. Yeah we have just enough time to see one other country. We were going to go to france but I really want to see either Ireland or Amsterdam.

Looks like Amsterdam it is ;)
Yeah, definitely do Amsterdam. Paris is almost identical to to London except they speak French, smell like sh*t & surrender real easy.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Id take Amsterdam over France too
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Kustom_FTO wrote:Id take Amsterdam over France too
yeah, you would :lol:

I'd go for their amazing "coffee"
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Kustom_FTO wrote:Id take Amsterdam over France too
I'd take Amsterdam over England!

Come up to Scotland and go skiing, forget the "London Eye", it's so slow I was really dissapointed.

You want pubs, come drink in Leith in Edinburgh - look out the Trainspotting DVD, It's better than an Edinburgh guide book but maybe a little out of date by now :lol:

Just dont come during the festival, Edinburghs full of Australians for some reason ;)
Life is short - Have an affair
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

If you don't mind blowing some money on your holiday, Madame Tussauds in London is pretty cool. If you haven't heard of it, it's a wax museum where they have lifesize wax statues of famous people.

As Bennoz said, those London tourist buses are a fantastic way to see all the sights in London.

London Eye was a waste of money.

The scenery in Wales is also amazing.

Torquay and Brighton were pretty nice too.

Also, we caught the ferry back to England from Calais in France and you get an absolutely awesome view of the white chalk cliffs of Dover as you're arriving back in England.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

How long are you in the UK for?

If you're going to do the big touristy stuff in London, book ahead to avoid the queues. We didn't do this at Madame Tussauds and ended up queuing for 4 hours and took 3 hours to go around the who exhibition.

London Eye is great I think, I've been on it twice.

Open top bus is a must to get your bearings. Wrap up warm though, even if it looks like a bright day, I made that mistake and froze my bollocks off.

Take a tour of St Pauls Cathedral, only cost a few quid but it's by far the best building in England.

If you are leaving London then get to Manchester for some top nights out and awesome vibe and music. Try and catch a football game.

Pop into Chester and say "G'day" to my family.

A little further north is York. A small sleepy town but not bad to stop in for 24 hours for a rest.

Keep heading north and catch up with Storm in Edinburgh. It's a great city, plenty to do and a wicked night life too.
Aamir
Apprentice

Post by Aamir »

Why not attend an FTO club meeting ?
THE FTO DRIVERS CLUB
http://www.ftodc.proboards.com
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Haha, thats a facepalm :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

We only have two weeks in the UK. SO really want to cram as much as we can in. When on holiday I dont sleep much so early rises and late nights are the trend.

So with the bus tour, are they all the same eg doesn't matter what one we go on? Do we need to look for something particular?

If we were going to go to Scotland or wales would these be day trips or would you need to spend more time there?

Is Stonehenge any good or just a bunch of rocks?

lol @ fto meet
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

For the love of god, please please PLEASE do a side trip to Amsterdam. It's only a short trip away and you don't even need to spend more than 2 days / 1 night there. Worth going there just for the vibe of the place, even if you don't go into the red light district ;)

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread, I see Amsterdam has already been mentioned. I went to Paris but only for around 8 hours during the day and headed back at night.
I think it's probably more of a night city, wasn't that impressed during the day and was a bit shocked at the group of black people everywhere fresh from the border looking like they wanna stab someone :?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

sublime19 wrote:and was a bit shocked at the group of black people everywhere fresh from the border looking like they wanna stab someone :?
As all black/sooty people tend to want to do :roll:
LED ALL the things.