Storing Movies

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Storing Movies

Post by I8A4RE »

I am about to transfer all my movies from disc to store on HD. Which format are you guys using. I would like a format that is going to be able to used by as many things as possible. eg ps3, ipod/pads, extenders etc.

What are peoples thoughts
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bduffman
Oldtimer

Re: Storing Movies

Post by bduffman »

ipods only use mp4 they wont play other formats
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

90% of mine are all avi files and i have a box i can plug the hard drive into and it plays them but it wont play mp4 and vlc files
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Are you serious :facepalm: I have been researching this for 3 f**ken days now and every site says something different. I know Bennoz streams from pc to ps3 so I wanted to know what he uses. Either say something constructive or piss off. Next time when you need help with your car (or turbo), I will just say JFGI to you........ fkn pole smokers :evil:

EDIT: Oh and nice spelling fucktard!!
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I8A4RE wrote:Are you serious :facepalm: I have been researching this for 3 f**ken days now and every site says something different. I know Bennoz streams from pc to ps3 so I wanted to know what he uses. Either say something constructive or piss off. Next time when you need help with your car (or turbo), I will just say JFGI to you........ fkn pole smokers :evil:

EDIT: Oh and nice spelling fucktard!!

Oh and I want to convert to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC but I was just double checking to what other people have converted into
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

OH NO!

Simon's eye brows were sloping down towards the middle of his face in a 45 degree angle, with an upside down smile on his face while typing in this thread.

*Backs away slowly*

You can go ahead with H.264/MPEG-4, I can't think of anything better.

PS - lol @ Simon correcting somebody elses spelling for a change :lol:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

lol, yeah after re-reading that, it did sound a bit harsh but I was laughing when I wrote it....sorry Stef if I hurt your feelings.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ngaaawwwwwww

I LOVE YOU GUYS

*group hug*
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

For streaming to the PS3, you've gotta have them loaded into a Windows Media Player library. I usually keep them in avi format, but mpegs & mp4s will also work.
    AJ
    Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Bennoz wrote:For streaming to the PS3, you've gotta have them loaded into a Windows Media Player library. I usually keep them in avi format, but mpegs & mp4s will also work.
    Don't have too, that's just one way.

Mine are in AVI format and I use tversity to stream my movies, music and pictures to the PS3 (which has a 500GB hard drive anyway)

I also use https://www.homepipe.net/ to access my PC files from my Android phone anywhere in the world.

http://tversity.com/

After ripping your dvd's use this to convert them to .avi files

www.autogk.me.uk

It does take ages though :roll:
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well there ya go. Every day's a school day!
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah I have been looking at tversity but I think only the pro version can stream H.264/MPEG-4. But that is alright WMP can so I think I will stick with that.

It is going to take a life time to encode to a new format and H.264/MPEG-4 looks like the way forward so I am going to stick with that.

Thanks guys for the info
    bduffman
    Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

whats every ones movie count up to
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

600 + gigs of movies
    About 1TB of tv shows

All in AVI format
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

1.5 TB Movies and 1TB TV Shows
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Supplanter
      Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

0/0

Illegal downloading is bad, mkay.

*goes off to watch Walking Dead that he didn't download from the internet or anything, honest.
      LED ALL the things.
      bduffman
      Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

no one said any thing about ilegal downloading just how much they have stored ( buy a movie store it on hard drive is 100% legal )
      aza013
      NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Any way you can back up your movies so you can keep the original safe from damage.
      As long as you still own the original movie you can still have it stored on a device of your choice.