FTO Half cut 4 sale in Victoria

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Richc2
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Half cut 4 sale in Victoria

Post by Richc2 »

My workshop in Kingslake, Victoria has just imported a 95 GPX half cut which is due to arrive on the 7th of June. At this stage the workshop is considering selling the whole half cut as a whole unless there is a lot of request for most of the parts. I will be there when it arrives to try to get parts. I do not know how much is it at this point for the entire halfcut or for bits and pieces. If there are any serious ppl out there that might need some bits and pieces, you can let me know and I might take some photos of the parts you want when I am there and also ask the workshop for a price. I am sure the workshop will be able to freight the parts interstate if requested. I will keep you posted. Those who are looking for some spares, please state your email address and a detailed description of the part you wanted here.
From memory, its a tiptronic in Silver. Will confirm this later.
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

front half?
If so, I need a drivers side plastic mould finish, the part that goes on the front end of the side skirt and bolts into the wheel arch.
Also looking for splash guards and front left hand foglight.
Cheers, dAsh.
dash@adsl.on.net
Richc2
Apprentice

Post by Richc2 »

spash guards? I assume its the plastic inside mudguards above the wheels right?
I will take some pics and mail to you when its here.
Cohn
Grease Monkey

sh*t ye!

Post by Cohn »

hell ye dude, that is awesome,

As lame and small as it might sound, i need 3 smallish things

1. I need the Fog light switch on the right of the steering wheel (parallel to the retractable aerial)

2. My plastic cover (the transparent one) which covers the dial's has been cracked, i would love that one 2...

3. Right now i have a NONworking oil guage, i would like to replace it with a voltmeter (which should be on the incoming FTO)

Hope you can help dude...

Thanks

Cohn

lilbeast@pacific.net.au
Richc2
Apprentice

Post by Richc2 »

Its a bit difficult to get little bits like that as he might prefer to sell the whole console/gauge but will do what I can. Maybe some other guys might want other bits then it will be good. Keep you posted
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

Yep Rich, that's the bit, those plastic trays, plus all the mountings for them.
My biggest thorn at the moment is the missing end from the front of the side skirt though :)
Makes the car look unfinished
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

Hi, I am after a whole set of tachometer. I have a 95 GR tiptronic, but it doesn't show gears, I have been told through here that it should be a tachometer for manual ftos. I am not sure why the hell it is like that, but i'm sad. :( how much would it cost?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i believe what YYGirl is looking for is a tachometer gauge for her '95 tiptronic GPX. :wink:
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

No good.
She'd need to buy the whole pod, not just the Tachometer.
Richc2
Apprentice

Post by Richc2 »

I will enquire for the whole dash + pod. Just 1 + weeks to go till I have a look at it. just remember to post your email add.
Davetv

Post by Davetv »

Does it have a front bar on it ?? :roll:
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

Hi there, just wondering, where is Kingslake? Cos I couldn't find it in the Melway/UBD. Also, how much do you think the axle would be. Does the workshop do FTO repairs?
Thanks...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Kinglake is pretty far, kinda out in the sticks if i remember correctly... we were there for a drive once and somehow we ended up in eastern outskirts of Melbourne after 1 hr or so?!??
Zarak

Post by Zarak »

Is it a manual or tip? I need the plastic that goes around the gearstick and the stereo. Are they the same for the manual and the tip?
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

could you give us a price on the engine and gearbox mounts

cheers
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

Rich, what's the story with the half cut?
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

console surrounds.
Richc2
Apprentice

Post by Richc2 »

The halfcut has already arrived at port melbourne awaiting for customs approval. It should be cleared in the next few days and would be freight to Kingslake. Kingslake is north of Melbourne after Whitllesea. Its pretty far about an hour + from Melbourne CBD. The workshop does do FTO repairs as well as other imports. I have been going with them for more than a year now. They really know their stuff about imports and import repairs.
I will now write down the parts request list and take some photos and quote from them when I go there and email it to you guys who have provided me with your requests and email addresses.
Will keep you informed.

PS: yes it does have a bumper bar as it is a whole front cut of the car.
It also does have the front axles and all the gauges and stereo surround intact.
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

The entire suspension setup of the left side (passenger side) strut arm wheel stub wheel axle etc etc please.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

can you please ask how much the bonnet will cost?