finished air intake

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

finished air intake

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys this is my air intake finished i hope the pics work this is my first time doing it. Did the air intake in around 20 mins when i was bored and yes i gotta make a box

[img][img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll28 ... MG0014.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll28 ... 0_0088.jpg[/img][/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

GOTCHA, hehe
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

bloody simon do u leave anybodys post alone haha
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

I think the CAI pipe from the bar looks a little flimsy. If it doenst have stiff side walls you might starve your engine for air. Our cars do like to suck :lol:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: finished air intake

Post by rock_it »

Hmmm ... Where have I seen pink bits like that before ... :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: finished air intake

Post by I8A4RE »

rock_it wrote:Image

Hmmm ... Where have I seen pink bits like that before ... :lol:
bahahahahaha
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

LOL! BAGINAMOBILE!!!!!!!

If you want a point of advice, don't try to squish the feeder pipe into the foglight spot like that.. try and make up a custom cover for it to fit over the rear section of the fog light pod & a circular part for the pipe to connect to .. prob easiest to do with fibreglass..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

agreed even mount it in the big hole
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

the pipe isint in the fog light pod it is in the spare one below it on the bozz speed front bar and yeah i gotta make one up just been to lazy aye and it would make it look bettr
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote:the pipe isint in the fog light pod it is in the spare one below it on the bozz speed front bar and yeah i gotta make one up just been to lazy aye and it would make it look bettr
yeah i know that im talkin about the mouth hole :D
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yh i gotta make sumting up when i get a chance i put it their just to make it work and still gotta make the box for the pod filter
Anna

Help! Cold Air Intake

Post by Anna »

Hey guys,

I was recently replacing the battery in my 95 GPX and we noticed that because of the Air Intake that the previous owner fitted, the correct size battery actually doesnt fit and as a result, if you dont start the car for more than a week we have to jump start it. I am thinking about pulling out the air intake to fix this problem, there is no room in the engine compartment as it is. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any idea how to overcome it. Also i have no idea how one goes about taking out a cold air intake. Any thoughts on this would be really helpful.
Anna
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Hey Anna, yeah, can be a bit of a tight squeeze under there. I'm guessing it's the pipe between the filter and the engine that's getting in the way of the battery? You'd probably be able to get a different pipe that fits a lot better.

Take some pics for us to look at and I'm sure we'll come up with something!
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Hi Anna,

If you haven't used the new battery you bought you should just be able to take it back for a refund.. then you can get a smaller battery with abotu the same capacity that should fit in there..

Otherwise you might be able to get a new battery tray & mount he battery as far over as you can ... but we'd need for you to upload some pics so we can see how much room there is to work with :)