New coilovers in!!

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bushido
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New coilovers in!!

Post by bushido »

Just got these installed today. Well I told my dad to get the installed since i was at uni all day but I was delighted when I got home. Coilovers cost $1199 from Just Jap and they were G4 racing Street spec. Pedders charged for $400 for installation on wheel alignment and might I say, the handles like its on rails. Now I understand that expression completely. :lol: Unlike some other coilovers, these are not bone jarringly hard. Will have to see how they stand up over time but with a 2 year warranty and such a low price, i think they were a bargain.

Will get some pics of shortly, or the DIY guys can see it tomorrow.

yayyyy :D
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Do you know if they retained your front sway bar ???
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

had a feeling you'd pipe up with that question craig!
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

manofwood wrote:had a feeling you'd pipe up with that question craig!
Yeah, just curious to see if they are selling the right part for the FTO now ... Or if the suspension joint fabbed something up ...
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

I asked my dad about that and he doesnt know. Looked at the invocie and the only carges were for installation $310 and wheel alignment $90.

Although it looks slightly weird in that non of the wheels stick out or are angles the same? Will make more sense if you see it but yeh.. drives fine though. if it looks a little weird.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

bushido wrote:I asked my dad about that and he doesnt know. Looked at the invocie and the only carges were for installation $310 and wheel alignment $90.

Although it looks slightly weird in that non of the wheels stick out or are angles the same? Will make more sense if you see it but yeh.. drives fine though. if it looks a little weird.
Yeah, they may have adjusted all the camber and stuff .. I left mine on the "factory" setting, which is why it is a little stiff... But, if we look at it on the DIY day, I am sure we will see if it is still there ... Would be strange if they kept it though .... :?:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mate i have had these in for 16 months now and they rock....... good purchase man :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

thank you Simon. i thought they were a great buy :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

you got them at a great price too i paid $1400, for mine.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

my teins :cry:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

How far have you lowered them? Ive only gone down 35 mm at the front and 30 at the back. Should have gone a little bit more though.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

When i first installed them, they were at the lowest they could go. But when i got the body kit it made it even lower so i had to raise it (but geez it looked mean), so im not sure how low it is to factory height but there is no gap in rear wheel arch and 15mm gap in front. Its the lowest i can go without ripping my front bar off.

But its good to lower it a little get used to it then lower a little more etc etc. Just remember you will need to get wheel alignment every time you adjust the height.
FTOnick
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOnick »

Are these $1119 posted or is postage on top? And do they come with the front pillow ball top mounts?
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Comes with pollow upper mounts but I'm not oo sure about postage. GIve Just jap a call or send them an email to confirm.

15mm 8O . ThAt is indeed low. I have a 2 fist gap at the front of mine. Im just picturing you SImon going over a speed bump. Sideways!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

bushido wrote: 15mm 8O . ThAt is indeed low. I have a 2 fist gap at the front of mine. Im just picturing you SImon going over a speed bump. Sideways!
TOTALLY :lol: but i do love it. I think its at the perfect height for me now, i can go most places without too much difficulty.

How have you found the stiffness? a lot of ppl dont like but i love the hobbling :lol:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Mine is street spec so its fine. Stiffness is on its highest setting too. Love it. Love teh handling :D
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

jonowong wrote:my teins :cry:
i hear ya
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
MR2YEN
Grease Monkey

Post by MR2YEN »

The G4 and the D2s are pretty much the same yeah? Just branded and colour coded different. How long is the warranty om these?

I was thinking of these or some CUSCO ZERO-2 coilovers, anyone have experiences with CUSCO?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I cant remember why i picked g4's over the d2's (maybe price) but there was a reason but i do agree they are pretty close. As for cusco from what i have heard they are a pretty good brand but a lot more exxie when you include freight on top ( the only place i could find them where from perfect run, but thats was a couple of yrs ago now). G4's come with 2 yr warranty which is excellent, yet i havent had a problem with mine. The guy from just jap was really good too, cause when i didnt know what spring rate i wanted he just said "ill send you what i think will suit you, from what you have told me and if i found them too hard or too soft i could just send them back and he would replace as neccessary free of charge.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

The zero 2 are around $2200 delivered to your doorstep. (from memory)