High Flow cat

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bushido
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

High Flow cat

Post by bushido »

Been doing a little bti of searching around and have come down to the X force universal high flow cat and the one from Catco. Both are 3 inch and are "universal". Anyone have any of these? Would welding would be required to fit it to my car since my exhaust diametre is not 3 inch?
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Just get one to match your exhaust size. There will always be flange welding involved with an FTO as no one supplies an off the shelf fit one. The xforce ones are good, spend the extra & get the metal cat. Comes in 2.25, 2.5 & 3 inch.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Just get one to match your exhaust size. There will always be flange welding involved with an FTO as no one supplies an off the shelf fit one. The xforce ones are good, spend the extra & get the metal cat. Comes in 2.25, 2.5 & 3 inch.
Agreed theres no point going for a 3 inch cat unless you plan on turboing your car in the near future and in which case you would want 3inch all the way through. Match your current system or if you intend increasing that from stock, 2.5inch is the biggest you want to go for a N/A FTO. Remember exhausts arent like your penis, bigger is not always better. Exhaust systems want to be free following, however for optimum performance a little bit of back pressure is required. :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Mmmmhmmm nice analogy mate!
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

The cats are usually expanded in the middle anyway. Who has seen a cat exactly 2.5 inch the whole way? The FTO cats from go to about 6 inches or something.