Internal wastegate

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Internal wastegate

Post by I8A4RE »

I think the turbo i brought has a 9psi internal wastegate and i need to lower this to run around the 5 psi mark anyone know how to do achieve this. Id rather not have to run a external wastegate if possible

Thanks Simon
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

take it to a turbo shop... they should be able to sort it out...

somewhere like mike vine turbocharging at capalaba (only place i know of)

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Cheers buddy
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

no no no no!!!

f**k!

u just twist a nut to adjust the boost!

http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/exha ... stadj.html
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Garret turbos dont have that nut... well atleast mine doesnt
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

found a BOV for $50, i'm getting pics and more info on it soon.
its a "GFB (go fast bits) BOV sounds like a turbosmart VEEPORT and fits the same"
Its $50 you want it?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

eThix wrote:found a BOV for $50, i'm getting pics and more info on it soon.
its a "GFB (go fast bits) BOV sounds like a turbosmart VEEPORT and fits the same"
Its $50 you want it?
Same questions how old is it, what model (is a deceptor pro) etc
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Apprently its about 2 years old, red and silver in colour.
try google and the model is a GFB "Basic"
I might be able to get it for $50 including shipping :)
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Oh and let me know ASAP if you want it, because i'm sure other people are interested :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I have made an offer on another one waiting to hear back from him on friday
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

two words. plumb-back* .

apart from the performance issue, you wont look *~delightful!~*...

*edit! eheh
Last edited by khunjeng on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

plumb*
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Oooh but a poppy after-firing exhaust is just so fun... :D :P
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

the only reason why cars back fire is because the car is running rich
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

when you take your foot off the accelerator... a bov will cause it to run rich...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

that would depend on the tune wouldnt it?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

with cars with air sensors before the throttle body, it will cause it to run rich no matter what tune i think...

because the bov lets out all the air that the air sensor has just measured when the throttle closes and the ecu has chucked more fuel for the amount of air measured..
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

What do you think i'm an idiot ethix ?

Just get a 50/50 bov, you can have a decent sounding bov (if you're into that) and still not get afterfire/poppy exhaust and also get the performance benefit of recirc (somewhat). In saying that, recirc and atmo doesn't provide a huge performance increase...it's hardly anything lol.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Delvance wrote:What do you think i'm an idiot ethix ?

Just get a 50/50 bov, you can have a decent sounding bov (if you're into that) and still not get afterfire/poppy exhaust and also get the performance benefit of recirc (somewhat). In saying that, recirc and atmo doesn't provide a huge performance increase...it's hardly anything lol.
use a valve which recirculates the vented charge, unless you've using a blow-through MAF, which sits in the IC plumbing, somewhere between the compressor and the throttle body.

Even these so-called "hybrid" valves - they still cause you to lose some of your pre-metered air. So why even bother with them? People think that the valves are analagous to the OEM valves (which recirculate 100% of the charge), while in fact they are not.

Venting any of your pre-metered intake charge to atmosphere isn't the smartest thing to do.

IN addition between gears it will run rich, why is this bad...clogs up sh*t in the long run - why bother.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Ay Khunjeng, i knew all of that.

In addition to your suggestions, depending on your car you may be able to get a piggyback ecu controller that actually shuts off the injectors during shifts which prevents the running rich when the bov vents.

Personally, i'm running the HKS ssqv v2 atm, switchable between full vent or full recirculate. I'm happy with it :)