Fields SFC-VTEC Mivec Controller

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Greg_Kumar
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fields SFC-VTEC Mivec Controller

Post by Greg_Kumar »

Hi Guys,

Further to my previous comments, i have layed down a deposit on an FTO GPX. Its currently being complianced and i hope to get it by the 13th of January.

My little brother is a big honda fan and he had a brand new Fields SFC-VTEC YO!!!!! Mivec Controller lying around. I have read many threads and i am not after power gains, but rather, something that removes the speed limiter. It also has the added function of being a fuel controller.

Do you guys think its worthwhile installing it?

Below is a little bit more information on the device:

http://www.customcarscentral.com/skr203 ... 7-01-.html

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.org/parts/ele ... index.html

Thanks

Greg
Greg_Kumar
Apprentice

Post by Greg_Kumar »

By the way, i wouldn't be fiddling around with the factory mivec settings. Just using the other functions of the unit.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

If he is giving it to you, and just for the fact that it will get rid of the speed cut.. Then I say do it ...
INVECS
Apprentice

Post by INVECS »

Do you intend on doing over 180k's? From threads here, simply, don't know what your doing, leave it off. Getting it Dyno tuned not a problem...
Greg_Kumar
Apprentice

Post by Greg_Kumar »

INVECS wrote:Do you intend on doing over 180k's? From threads here, simply, don't know what your doing, leave it off. Getting it Dyno tuned not a problem...
I live about 5 minutes from Eastern Creek raceway and WSID, and i do intend to take it out for track days. Maybe not right now, but sometime later this year.

I wouldn't be installing anything myself either. I definitely want to get it done professionally.
snowdrift77

Post by snowdrift77 »

I got my hands on one of these, and they look like a great little unit.
Havent installed it, because Im selling my FTO, but otherwise I reckong its useful just for cancelling the speed limiter, and its SFC functions alone.

Theres a better description of it on the field site here :
http://www.field-net.co.jp/english/lineup/VTEC YO!!!!!/

If hes going to use it for track days, why is it so bad to change the MIVEC point ?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Mitsubishi already got the cam changeover point spot on, any change will lose power, unless you have after market cams (do they even exist?).
LED ALL the things.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

If you gonna be racing it, why not try get some more power out of it? Go get yourself a Greddy Emanage or similar - you can pick 'em up on Ebay for $350 or less, get tuned up & potentially pickup another 10kws. Mivec controllers are esentially just bling.