Greddy V-manage (a little help)

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

KLRFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Greddy V-manage (a little help)

Post by KLRFTO »

Hi all

Just been flicking through the car mags i.e AutoSalon and found the greddy V-manage for sale in autobahn etc and read that its for anycar with variable valve timing i.e VVT-I, VTEC YO!!!!!, MIVEC
My Question is this, What exactly does this little box do, now im no wizz but i like to know all aspects of the cars i own and im presuming that this is wired into your ECU and allows adjustment of the MIVEC CUT-IN, CUT-OUT times so you could in theory make the mivec cut in at for example 3500 rpm in first gear and vary it throughout the gear and rev range, can anyone give me some insight into this mod as i may be miles off in my guess as i am most times :P
What sort of prices do these valve timing controllers go for? have many of you guys done this, im presuming some of the turbo crowd would because surely there'd have to be valve adjustments to make the most of boost at lower rpm or am i way off again, im curious to know of the benefits this could have on a N/A 2.0 MIVEC with an INDUCTION KIT and Mild Exaust as im a P-plater :roll: (dont hold it against me) and an Apprentice so any bang for buck mods are much appreciated by me and the wallet, any thoughts would be welcome on any mod but this V-manage thing has got me thinking if it is like i think it is, not that u would but imagine having MIVEC cuting In at like 2500-3000RPM right through the xcelleration would be savage, but i doubt it works like that :cry:

cheers
Alex
Gotta love the look on the bogan v8 drivers faces when they hear the scream of 7500rpm mivec slaying there puny 5 litre paper weights with twice the power, yeah thats a FTO
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

It changes RPM that MIVEC kicks in at, and funnily enough Mitsubishi have it set at the optimum point already. They have a nice clock on them though :wink:

I am sure more knowledgeable people will give a better answer...
LED ALL the things.
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

You can get the Emanage to adjust when mivec kicks in and then you also can adjust your ignition timing and fuel.
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

ok... so wtf does it actually do though... do you get more power??? bigpitty i sent u a pm lol about yours but!!
i have a non mivec :( so the more power the better lol
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

MissxFTO wrote:ok... so wtf does it actually do though... do you get more power??? bigpitty i sent u a pm lol about yours but!!
will do nothing for a non-mivec.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

MissxFTO wrote:ok... so wtf does it actually do though... do you get more power??? bigpitty i sent u a pm lol about yours but!!
You might get 5-10kwatw out of it, doesn't make much different on the road, but it sure does mentally (as you think your car is faster) and your pocket when you hand over the money for the device and tuning.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.