General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

llsf1225
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Switch burned out

Post by llsf1225 »

Hi there,

I took off the speedo today, when I was trying to unplug the switches, I noticed that the fog light plug is nearly burn out, even it was still working, but the H3 globes in the fog light was not working at all. I think that's because the plus and the wires is burned.
Is there anyone know where I can get the plug or any other idea to fix it?

Thanks
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

you need a new switch, happend to me, also if you have more than 55 watt globes in your foggies, that would of been the main cause of melting the switch.
llsf1225
Apprentice

Post by llsf1225 »

Yeah, I saw that my H3 globes are the 80Ws, so I think that's why it melted. One more question, where can I get the swithch or plug.
thanks
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

kempys nz it cost me around sixty bucks.

also the plug which goes into the switch might be melted as well so ask them for a spare one of those as well.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Hey guys this must be a common fault because mine did the same thing about 2 months ago and I have just got my switch still have to put it in. I'm not sure about the globes in my driving lights but they are different to most as I have the small round ones. I got my switch from Collins Mitsubishi they took ages but they said it was a delay because of christmas so I will give it to them this time!
And yes you must also get the inside bit replaced chance are this has burnt and melted as well.
:cry:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

sxcfto wrote:Hey guys this must be a common fault because mine did the same thing about 2 months ago and I have just got my switch still have to put it in. I'm not sure about the globes in my driving lights but they are different to most as I have the small round ones. I got my switch from Collins Mitsubishi they took ages but they said it was a delay because of christmas so I will give it to them this time!
And yes you must also get the inside bit replaced chance are this has burnt and melted as well.
:cry:
they are the small side lights not the main H3 bulb.