HKS Super Power FLOW Vs BlitZ Sonic Power Air Cleaner

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

HKS Super Power FLOW Vs BlitZ Sonic Power Air Cleaner

Post by AMACHA »

Hi all as the name says i am deciding about getting one of the folowing for my car either the HKS Super Power Flow reloaded :
http://www.perfectrun.com.au/real_size_ ... loaded.htm

or the blitz sonic power air cleaner:
http://www.perfectrun.com.au/real_size_ ... earner.htm

What do you guys think im not doing a CAI setup and i am aware that this could potentially decrese performancedue to hot air being sucked in.

I have a 95 gpx manual and i just wanted to know hich one would you guys choose in terms of the noise it makes when suckign in air especially when mivec kicks in and any performance increases or the elast performace decrease.

Thanks guys
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

The HKS has better performance.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Get the apexi power intake.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

any reason joejoe and eThix? in terms of performance and induction noise??
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

There was a test done (it's somewhere in this forum) that shows out of all the branded filters the apexi came out of top.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ok guys so where did you get your apexi filter from? Also i notice they dont make the adapter for my fto gpx manual how did you guys overcome this for the stock pipe im going for noiseby the way muahaha
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

AMACHA wrote:ok guys so where did you get your apexi filter from? Also i notice they dont make the adapter for my fto gpx manual how did you guys overcome this for the stock pipe im going for noiseby the way muahaha
Change the stock pipe, too much restrictions with it. Do what Bennoz did, use dunny pipes.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

The HKS came out on top.... i will see if i can find the site that done it.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

The apexi looks better then the HKS also :P
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nuP!
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.net/performance/intakes/

i think thats the website ou were after,will i sitll get the awsome induciton noise with the stock pipe guys?Also has anyone tried the sonic power?
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Will still get awesome induction noise with stock pipe...will be even more aweome-er with a good intake pipe :D

Dunny pipe is better than stock pipe but UAS pipe better than dunny pipe imho (larger).

The test where apexi came out on top...seems very fishy...and besides, i think a while ago, autosalon mag did a filter test review and the apexi did not perform as per the net test suggests (the one where it flows the highest and is the cleanest lol...dodgy).
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Thats the site AMACHA!!!
cheers mate, i couldn't be stuffed looking for it heheheh
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

hey guys i might just get the super power flow since delvance has one for sale perfect ill just grab it is it hard to install at all on the stock pipe at all?
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

So easy to install you will laugh :P

In all honesty, the 4" metal tube adapter that comes with it, you'll need to wiggle it onto the stock intake pipe as they've made it as large as possible to promote air flow but it will fit (i had it on my stock pipe for awhile). Aside from that, you just gotta remove the stock air box which is easy...undo 3 clips and undo 3 bolts holding the bottom half box down and then just place the pod there.
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

I've just changed my old HKS super power pod filter element bought from ebay $45 bucks. My friend said that i can wash the old one spray some oil and reuse, whatu guys think?
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

If its a previously 'oiled' style filter, then yes you can. Should be doing it every service anyway :wink:
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

if you wanna change your intake pipe, On The Run have a kit available.
$180 with filter, not sure of the price without filter.

http://ontherunmotorsports.com/catalog/ ... cts_id=199

Seeing that you're in melb, johnny will probably install it for you for free too.
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Do they give a good filter though ? The piping looks a bit small too ? At least the one pictured does.
whitegpx

Post by whitegpx »

I had a Apexi power intake in my GPX, and my friend has a HKS one, I think HKS is louder than Apexi