General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Australia stickers

Post by ruchi »

Steve, a suggestion...

While I love this forum, and am happy to promote and support it, I really don't like the FTOAUSTRALIA.COM stickers that cover the window.

While looking at my car today, I thought a great place for such a sticker would be in the blank area directly underneath the rear number plate. I'm not talking about on the rear bumper, rather just the recessed area under the number plate, that's about 2" x 14". This area looks kind of odd anyway, because it is blank, so to fill it up with a sticker should look good.

You could offer the stickers in both white and black or alternatively just chrome, that way it would work with all colours, and quite simply just have the website address without any logo and without any "www" at the front (people know to do that), so just "FTO Australia.com"

Anyone else like this idea?
Last edited by ruchi on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

thats where i put mine.

looks like it fits there too :P

Tim
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Still waiting for mine cos Mikey forgot to bring them to the last meet :cry:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Sowie fellas... the stickers are now kept inmy car now, so there's no chance of me forgetting it ever again... Y'all will definitely get it for next month's cruise on the 29th.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh and while you're at it, any chance of changing the circle on the FTO logo to an outline of the Australian Map instead, just so it looks more uh, 'relevant'? hehe... ;)
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

is it possible to get clear stickers with white writing? that way cars couler will show through and probably look abit better. just my 2 cents.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

Raven wrote:is it possible to get clear stickers with white writing? that way cars couler will show through and probably look abit better. just my 2 cents.
erf, so u dont have a sticker yet?
there not all the writing and stuff combined onto 1 big sticker....
its hard to explain but the background colour is the colour of your car.

Tim
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hi people

that was our first run on stickers

they don't have a backing matterial, just what you see, the white is all you get

it took me two week to get them done and at a good price

i am look at get these done also in a darker colour next time, was wait on steve to let me know when we had nilly run out, as we are out of pocket till they are all sold

the idea of australia sounds good, i will look into next time, only problem is all the people who have allready have them will be different

and the fitting under the number plate sould not be a problem

if anyone has any more input please let me know

thanks robert c

most came as two parts so you could put in two different places
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i remember someone here mentioned about having theurl in lowercase caharaters instead of uppercase??

oh and one more idea - how about chrome finish?? ;)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I second the Chrome idea, it looks much better than white or black and goes with all the various colours that the FTO comes in.

Lowercase is also better, as uppercase looks like you are SHOUTING.

Also, leave the "www" off, as people know to do that.

So just "ftoaustralia.com" in lowercase and chrome, to fit in the recessed areas below the numberplate
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

kaveman wrote: the idea of australia sounds good, i will look into next time, only problem is all the people who have allready have them will be different
hehehe well im willing to buy another one if its new and improved and looks better, its only $8 after all.. :)

Tim
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I've put the web address right below the number plate and the bigger sticker in the lower left hand corner (if looking from behind) of the rear windscreen. They look excellent there especially with my personalised number plates of white writing on black background :D .

For any black FTO owners out there, the white stickers really stand out well.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Any feedback or comments from those of you who run this site and got the stickers printed last time????
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

we are still working on it

give us a couple of week and we should have things sorted

robert
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

yeah after my problems and all that we're running a bit behind on our schedule for this year....

We will be having an online meeting next week to sort out some stuff to do with the new club and legal stuff.