General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

*needed* right hand side window!

Post by HEK-71Q »

hey ppl.....i had a string of bad luck this week...errr
i got pulled over n got busted speeding on a 50 zone.... how crappy was that?.....and the next day my car got broken into.....whaata bitch!! well all they did was smash my window....n took a girl's bag with a crappy phone in it.....and they didnt even take my cd player n other things....
Well anywais....im in need of a driver's side window...anyone's got a spare???? if so how much??

thanx guys!!
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

FTO windows r hard to come by. Check will all wreckers first, then resort to Mitsubishi. If you're in Melbourne, then I'm sure Collins Mitsubishi should have one. That's where I got mine from. It costs an arm and a leg though.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

rxboy wrote:FTO windows r hard to come by. Check will all wreckers first, then resort to Mitsubishi. If you're in Melbourne, then I'm sure Collins Mitsubishi should have one. That's where I got mine from. It costs an arm and a leg though.
so let me get this right...
u now only have 1 arm and 1 leg to get a window for your car..?? :P
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

i got mine replaced at wreckers
got the window for $200
then installed for $80? i think....
that was the best price i could get....
apparently they are a biatch to install, the guys said dont bring it back there again haha
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm, i wonder how much it would cost to install bulletproof glass...
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

EURO wrote:apparently they are a biatch to install, the guys said dont bring it back there again haha
HAHAHA
My mechanic said the same thing. Quoted me $50 for install before he knew what he got himself into. Then told me how difficult it was, and being the fair person that I am, I accepted his fee of $60 :D .
OzFTO

Post by OzFTO »

I paid about the same as EURO - mine got smashed by a rock from a council mower while I was doing 80 - lucky I was wearing sunnies. The coucil coughed up all the cash buy I made the mistake of taking it to the Mitsubishi dealer (Toowoomba). They did a f*ckin awful job - didn't clean out the broken glass or adjust the up stop. I got a performance car place to sort it out eventually. Try Jap Auto parts in Brisbane for a new window. If you don't have any luck PM me and I'll track down the guy who sold me mine.