My front parking anntena is broken!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rusty12
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My front parking anntena is broken!

Post by Rusty12 »

It won't go up or down anymore! I had a friend over and showed him how it worked, pushed the botton, it came up, turned my lights on and the green light switched on, then after accouple of mins i turned the car off and the antena got stuck half way, and then wouldn't go up or down, so i pushed it down so no one could break it off, and now it only goes up, but not all the way, and it won't go down!

is this easy to fix. I am taking the car in for its first service since i've had it, would a jap mechanic know how to fix it?
Rusty12
Grease Monkey

Post by Rusty12 »

does anyone know what i am talking about?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Can you still hear the motor trying to move the antenna?

If you can, more than likely you have a kink in the antenna. You could try to straighten this with a pair of pliers, but be gentle.

If its a motor issue, you'll probably have to replace the whole thing.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I've seen few of them before & the only way u find other one is from mitsubishi, & that going 2 cost u an arms & legs!!!!

Anyway, they should b the same mechanism as the radio antenna, is pretty minor stuff, so u should able 2 find some auto electrian or mechanic to fix it!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Rusty12
Grease Monkey

Post by Rusty12 »

yeah, i can still hear the motor, its like its trying to grab onto it or something.

now that you mention it, it does look alittle curved, maybe ever so slightly.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

If the motor is still going, and there is a slight curve to the antenna, then more than likely it is a little too bent or there is a kink in it and it is getting caught on itself.

While the antenna is trying to extend itself, gently pull it up yourself, all the way. When it is fully extended look for any bends / kinks and try to straighten them. You may have to use pliers. But be gentle, you don't want to make it worse.

Once you have done this, you may also want to give it a light spray with a lubricant.