Speed Sensor

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Coffeboy
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Speed Sensor

Post by Coffeboy »

Hi Ppl.

I have been trying to figure out, where the Speed Sensor is located, And how to find out if it's a 3 pin or 4 pin,

Can somebody please shed some light this way !!

scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

There are actually 2 speed sensors on a tip fto. As stated on a previous post the Tj magna uses the same sensor, its a 3 pin sensor and its the one located at the back of the box near the firewall.Mitsubishi part no:MR518300 hope this helps. :wink:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
KEA7IN
Apprentice

Post by KEA7IN »

Scracy
I recently replaced the input speed sensor on my fto gpx found out that there is two different ones 4 pin and three pin mine was a four pin.
Could have gotton it from Nth shore Mitsibishi $115 but would take 3-4 weeks. Sourced a second hand 4 pin one from SA for $80
could have got 3 pin in QLD used for $50

It is located
Standing in front of the car you will see a filter on top of the gearbox behind that is a hose comming up, directly behind that is two elec plugs one straight up and one on a 45 deg angle, the one pointing straight up is the input speed sensor. if you pull the plug up you can see how many pin it has.
is that the same one you changed
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

do you change this only if you have problems with your tip box?
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

The one i changed was a 3 pin job on a 90 degree angle :? I only changed it cos i broke it removing the gearbox (not the easiest thing to remove when youre working flat on your back and the car is supported by axle stands that ALWAYS seem to be in the wrong place :evil:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

scracy wrote:The one i changed was a 3 pin job on a 90 degree angle :? I only changed it cos i broke it removing the gearbox (not the easiest thing to remove when youre working flat on your back and the car is supported by axle stands that ALWAYS seem to be in the wrong place :evil:
yeah i can relate to this...

better yet we (UAS and I) have had my exahust off so many times now for this exhaust mod we've managed to strip a 02 sensor... it kinda screws in now but not as well as it used to...

really don't want to have to fork out for a new one