General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chiangstar
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

intake manifold gasket

Post by Chiangstar »

hey
does anyone know where i can get an intake manifold gasket from? im gonna change my sparkies and ignition leads ...

thanks

chiangstar@yahoo.com
markyboy
Apprentice

Gasket

Post by markyboy »

Hi mate, you shouldnt need a need gasket if you are in any way careful about what you do.These things are quite tough and can be re-used.I have had my inlet manifold off several times and never needed to replace a gasket yet.Camskill down in England have never sold any of these either because most people just use the original one...Hope this helps. :wink:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

at the same time one of the gaskets is pretty prone to damage and oil leaks.... its a day - day and a half to replace ... can't remember which one luckily i don't have that problem
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

hmmm i dont know if i want to start the job without one handy just incase.... it'd suck if i had to leave the car off the raod while i ordered one just because i thought it wouldnt happen....

would i have to get one from camskill? or can i get one locally from somewhere?

thanks

simon
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

You could probably get the gasket from any parts suplier ie: autobarn, etc as the late v6 galant has the same engine (except mivec) as the fto. If your in a hurry buy a galant gasket from mitsubishi, they should have them in stock as the 2.0 v6 galant was released here. :lol:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

cool...thanks scracy
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

just make sure the car is kind of warm when you do it. Trust me its not a flimsy gasket its made there to stay.