Dodgy businesses

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

elmo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

$20

Post by elmo »

$20 more expensive is just plain ripping you off, especially when they apparently trying to clear stock with a sale...
What kind of sale puts the prices up? A UAS one.
Sorry to slag your mate but i'm sick of this happening.
And as for your comment about a $100 difference, thats what I'm talking about, tell us who does it so they cant do it to us.
I dont think I'm being unfair. We are talking a lot of money, collectively through all the owners and if some business are trying to take more than their share then we should give their share to someone else.

I'm sick of being ripped off.
Worse I'm sick of them thinking they can get away with it.
elmo
Grease Monkey

mmm

Post by elmo »

Now totally of the subject but heres how I like to be treated.

The other night the missus and I went out to dinner. Nothin flash just Sizzler. We ordered steaks and the all you can eat.

Now when they brought my missus dinner out they apologized and said they had made a mistake and mine would be out shortly. I was a bit dissapointed.

Five minutes later the manager came over and gave me a full refund. And I didn't even have to ask for it.

Now that is what I expect when a business makes a mistake.

Not like at the mechanice when he realizes he took the wrong part off so he adds that to your labour bill and then it takes ten hours to do a timing belt.

If only Sizzler did performance mods...
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Don't worry about Sizzler - come to me.

For the right money not only will I add some real BEEF to your car, I will also RICE it up for you !

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
elmo
Grease Monkey

rice

Post by elmo »

Not a big fan of rice myself.
Like the all you can eat concept though.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah i have had a similar experiance, where i ordered my gf an expensive cocktail at a restraunt, we had to check up on it 15mins latercause it had taken soo long, and the waiter apoligised and took it off the bill and brought one out nearly straight away !
ind-38t

FUJI/JAP SPORTS SUCK!

Post by ind-38t »

ive had a bad experience from buying my car from FUJI aka JAPSPORTS at orange grove. I bought my car there and they stole my CD STACKER i had like 3 problems with my car and they p*ss f***ed me around for like 5 months straight and never sold the problem. They gave excuses like oh we need to bring it to auto-electrician... and then we have to bring it to mechanic... and they held my car each time for like 1-2 weeks and when i got it back nothing was solved....yeah don't buy from them i highly don't recommend it...tell your friends they might seem nice but fark they are dodgy....
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

I'm not really in the name calling business, i've had issues with several companies that others say are really good. carmate being one example of a company who i'd never deal with (and the one who quoted me those prices). others have had good experiences dealing with them. At the same time its one for the right money i may buy from them again.

RPW in Perth is one i'm not prepared to deal with every again, they have no concept of what is good, what creates turbulance and what doesn't. a classic example would be their CAI kit its a shocker and i never installed it just wasted my money and about 8 hours over two different cars trying to work out how to fit it without butchering the existing intake pipes. UAS on the other hand took the time to develop it (granted using my car) mold, test, design do everything. We spent atleast 15 hours on it developing a CAI that would drop in (for all ya'll benefit). I am positive its not the cheapest however what was designed was designed for an FTO and all bolts together, and you can install it in less than 5 minutes (if you can't you shouldn't be fiddlng with your car). This is why i'm prepared to go back to UAS time and time again, its not the price but what you get for what you spend. The UAS owner and his mechanic's all race cars, service there own cars and do very well to me this is a good sign that they know what there doing.

The same goes for RACE BRAKES (www.racebrakes.com.au) Nathan Pilkington who used to race a FTO, RB did all the servicing and setup for his car, who do you think i goto for brakes and related items? Nathan btw was beating 2002 type r's and s2000's with a 1996 FTO GPX. He now races a 350z. They certianly aren't the cheapest but when it comes to knowing an FTO braking systems there are few who would be able to advise better.

anyways its each to there own, i'm not here to defend anyone or defame anyone. If you don't want to shop somewhere don't, just be careful that you don't save a couple of dollars to cost you hundreds or thousands later on.

Stephen
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Post by Cohn »

Stephen, doesn't Nathan's dad own Sport's Car International at rushcutters bay in Sydney?. Every time i go there he keeps on telling me about how his son (nathan) used to race FTO's blah blah blah... and now he races an imported white 350z??? Am i correct, is this the same guy?

If you're referring to race car international, i've really had only good experience's with them... Very easy going, polite and know what they're doing. The price too i thought was fairly reasonable for a 100,000k service. Replacing cam belt's, full service etc, replacing sparkies etc, for $900.

UAS qouted me $1100 for the exact same job

Taki at (SH*T i forgot the name!!!!! ANYONE REMEMBER?! ITS ANNOYING ME!!!) in homebush bay qouted $1000 after my bargaining with him for around 30 mins, besides didn't like the guy that much.

Off the topic, anyone know any other places i can go to to get this service (haven't dont it yet... Still awaiting better offers).

Thanks
Cohn
elmo
Grease Monkey

agree

Post by elmo »

I don't think it's bitchin but we should know where to get quality and at a good price. Sorry that it sounds like bitchin.

I agre with Smorrison though. The RPW cold air inductiion kits are very cheap and tacky lookin. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I think the shape of em would restrict the airflow itself.

So at the risk of creating a quagmire, maybe we should be pointing out the brands and parts that people should steer away from too...
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

one thing you all need to remember you pay for what you get.
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Stephen, doesn't Nathan's dad own Sport's Car International at rushcutters bay in Sydney?. Every time i go there he keeps on telling me about how his son (nathan) used to race FTO's blah blah blah... and now he races an imported white 350z??? Am i correct, is this the same guy?
Yeah that is correct. Somtimes the cars are parked there ....the Shell servo just off William St (or whatver it is called up that way).

Yeah Nathan now races the Oporto's 350Z (first 350Z in Australia). When he was racing in the FTO he was consistently placing in the top of his class and ended up winning the class overall (pretty sure he did anyway - visit www.procar.com.au to search for results in the GT production class).
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Personally, I think it's unfair to judge businesses with one or two bad experienses. Already in this thread, I see no consistency among the posts that point a particular business out.

Like for example Cohn, you may not like Taki from Perfect Run, but that doesn't mean to say he runs a bad/dodgy business. Just from the last couple of months I've been dealing with him, I have nothing but praise for his work. Very friendly and helpful. There were a couple of times where he rang Japan (CUSCO) in my presence to confirm some products for the FTO for me, and that was on my first visit!

I think the best thing to do is to experience it for yourself. But yeah, not particular fond of this finger pointing stuff unless you have something terrible happened to you. But the end of the day, it's your money, you know what to do with it.

By the way, I highly recommend Race Brakes as well. What about starting a new thread on which businesses we would recommend?