Welding

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

DaveO wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Im not a f**ken QLD'er ben :lol: . Isnt living with them punishment enough for being a kiwi :lol: .

So can mig be used for alloy or not???
Yes
But you need differant gas, torch liner and wire and an AC/DC welder (not the rock band). They can be very expensive.
I would recomend buying an AC/DC TIG welder if your going to weld alloy and steel. No liners required, the same gas for steel and alloy and cheaper to by a pack of welding wire.
Plus you can still weld up that trailer of yours. :lol:
Nice work daveO, big fan. So when you talk about gas, i have seen gasless ones advertised....... NO GOOD???????
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
DaveO
Grease Monkey

Post by DaveO »

No good. Forget the gasless welders. There a poor mans atempt at a MIG welder.
Go for an AC/DC TIG. It will take a little longer to master but you won't look back.