0-100 for tip??

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jeff
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Jeff »

I agree with most of the engine mods, but something that will really help with your 0-100 time and 1/4 mile is a shift kit and higher stall converter.
If you are thinking of putting a turbo on in the future this is a must. Most tips have blown the box or torque converter once turbo`d. I have just had mine done ( see previous post ) and it has certainly helped acceleration. The shift kit give a more instantaneous change so you don`t lose as much revs when changing up. The stall/torque converter I didn`t change much but beefed it up ready for the turbo (hurry up RPW). If you change the RPM when the stall converter kicks in it is like dropping the clutch in a manuel at high revs. The problem with this it makes it hard to drive as a road car. I left my stall RPM as it was. When they pulled the box apart the billet pins that hold the planetary gears on where loose and would have blown the box eventually. ( 82000Kms). I now have forged racing pins and heavy duty O rings with a guarentee that it will take a turbo. I am taking the car to Willowbank on the 17/1 so I will post my 1/4mile and 0-100 times then.
Jeff
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

how much did it cost you all up?

and what else have you done to your car

since yours is a tip so i could base on what you have done rather than listening to other ppls gain from there manual
because the gain you from manual are a lot different to tip
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

To get a 0-100km time of about 8.5secs for a tip fto, would you need to launch in a certain way?

I just stomp down on the gas (not too hard to get wheel spin though).
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

If what youre saying is true jeff how come my fto turbo does 4.5 sec 0-100km with a stock tiptronic and a beefed up torque converter? No fancy gearsets no hi stall converters :roll:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

scracy wrote:If what youre saying is true jeff how come my fto turbo does 4.5 sec 0-100km with a stock tiptronic and a beefed up torque converter? No fancy gearsets no hi stall converters :roll:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

/me wants a turbo FTO :(

:P

Tim
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

lol tim, maybe you should get a licence first! :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote:lol tim, maybe you should get a licence first! :P

& sh*t load of cash, Scracy turbo kit isn't your average kit, is pretty much everything u can get 4 a turbo car!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

lol :oops:
i'll have my licence in 19 days, thank you very much!
now.......
1 more problem $$$$ :P

anyone wanna give me a loan?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

TimmyD wrote:lol :oops:
i'll have my licence in 19 days, thank you very much!
now.......
1 more problem $$$$ :P

anyone wanna give me a loan?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim
Kev will give you a loan, for 4% interest for the 1st year... ;) just watch out for his so-called 'fine print' before you sign on the dotted line LOL..! :P
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I'm not sure why people are getting such slow times for 0-100km/h. I've had myself timed at 8.5 sec on a stock GPX tip, but I suspect I can push it to 8.1 sec. But this is a 5-speed, so the gear ratios are much closer. I think I get to 70km/h redlining in 1st and hit 100km/h in 2nd. If I was getting 10sec+ , then people would be beating me in plain Commonwhores :roll: (no offense to Commodore drivers).

If everything is OK with the car, maybe timely shifting is the problem?
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

well i go side by side with the commies from the lights without launching which is to me quite slow
comparing to things i read saying tip gpx can get 7.8 - 8.5 easy
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think if u hold your brakes down whilst blipping the throttle to 2700rpm, you will get much quicker launches off the line...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

so are you saying usually any car specs the driver that is getting those time for the vehicle;'s record they are launching the car?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Like I said at the last Melb. FTO meet... when we do the 1/4 mile drags I want to go up against Scracy, that way I won't be embarassed when I lose! :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

rxboy wrote:I'm not sure why people are getting such slow times for 0-100km/h. I've had myself timed at 8.5 sec on a stock GPX tip, but I suspect I can push it to 8.1 sec. But this is a 5-speed, so the gear ratios are much closer. I think I get to 70km/h redlining in 1st and hit 100km/h in 2nd. If I was getting 10sec+ , then people would be beating me in plain Commonwhores :roll: (no offense to Commodore drivers).

If everything is OK with the car, maybe timely shifting is the problem?
I guarantee u won't get anywhere near 8sec with tip! If u use a proper measure equipment.

Example, the Apexi RSM, it will start timing as soon as u touch the gas, so u can't do a rev launch. I've got one & can assure u even if u do the "real" stop start 0-100 around 10sec, u will still kick those Commonwhores ass, i've even beat those supercharged one easily!

U got 2 understand, factory measurement r very misleading, they get those 0-100 by measuring a section of a distance they done in the fastest lap (Well if that make sense 2 anyone else). Thats why theres a lot of different between manufactures claim & mag's test drive. Anyway every manufacture measure it differently, just like how they measure kw.

All i can say is, it doesn't matter what time you get on 0-100, what matter is how u going 2 beat the other guy!!!!! Anyone can drive straight, but not everyone can corner well.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

now that makes fto tip gpx sounds very slow
i lost to a VTEC YO!!!!! civic manual coupe and i sat in one it feels faster than my car and i thought they were only 120kws
how fast are stock wrx like actual timing because i sat in my cousins car and it didnt feel that much faster than fto's
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hnm738 wrote:now that makes fto tip gpx sounds very slow
i lost to a VTEC YO!!!!! civic manual coupe and i sat in one it feels faster than my car and i thought they were only 120kws
how fast are stock wrx like actual timing because i sat in my cousins car and it didnt feel that much faster than fto's
1. VTEC YO!!!!! civic is about 100kgs lighter than the FTO

2. depending on which WRX you are referring to, MY00 does average high 5s for the 0-100 and low 6s for the MY02 (due to higher weight)
ruchi wrote:Like I said at the last Melb. FTO meet... when we do the 1/4 mile drags I want to go up against Scracy, that way I won't be embarassed when I lose! :D
i had a run against Scracy on our recent cruise to Queenscliffe and he killed me in 3rd gear, with aircond without hitting the redline too i believe... sif that's not demoralising enough LOL..!! :oops:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

has anyone got 14's with a non turbo, non super charged and non nos fto?

We are having drags on the 14th and will soon find out if we do :wink:

ps. im the best chance, but have stiff challengers.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i wouldn't be surprised to see Eric's GPvR (MADFTO) netting high 14s if not 15s flat... sounds like an animal, and he drives like one too LOL..

jK buddy! :lol:
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

scracy wrote:If what youre saying is true jeff how come my fto turbo does 4.5 sec 0-100km with a stock tiptronic and a beefed up torque converter? No fancy gearsets no hi stall converters :roll:
Hey scracy what 1/4 mile times you doing