EOI- Carbon fibre bonnets

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

poster
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by poster »

A vent right above the intake would be damn sweet too!
Saves having to rely on air coming in from the front bar.[/quote]

love that idea..i was going to cut one myself the other day....hahhaha
please make a design that have vent above the intanke thanks
mr_bishi
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_bishi »

BuCkEt wrote: I'd only be interested in CF for the weight loss factor as I'd just have it painted.
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Buy a fibre glass one instead!
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,mr-dot-bishi.png[/img][/url]
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

mr_bishi wrote:
BuCkEt wrote: I'd only be interested in CF for the weight loss factor as I'd just have it painted.
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Buy a fibre glass one instead!

Eh? Watchoo on aboot?

Fibre glass weighs less than CF? Is that what you're trying to say?
afterburner
Mechanic

Post by afterburner »

I think what he's saying is that if you are just going to paint it anyway, you may as well get a fibreglass one. Because as we all know, carbon fibre is half about the weight saving, and half about the bling bling :wink:
[url=http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/fto/index.htm][img]http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/ftologos.jpg[/img][/url]

It's gone :( - now carless...
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Ohhh....nah, you can still be blingy with the CF painted.

Just depends on how you paint it.
My plan would be to do it like Shaun's (MRX) stripe, but that stripe would be unpainted CF while the rest of the bonnet is silver.

Unless I got a CF boot lid too...then I'd consider not painting it. :P
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hrmm, i was always under the impression CF could not be painted.... thus they were always CF looking lol

interesting
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

You can paint CF, as lots of super car body are made out of CF. The most famous one would be Mclaren F1 8)
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

yeh - getya, just wondered why a lot of cars left it unpainted :) guess thats the look they want :)
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

FTO338 wrote:You can paint CF, as lots of super car body are made out of CF. The most famous one would be Mclaren F1 8)
And all the Formula One cars, DTM cars etc etc
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

EURO wrote:yeh - getya, just wondered why a lot of cars left it unpainted :) guess thats the look they want :)
yea pretty much, more the bling factor than the weight reduction . ever wondered y a lot of cars painted their bonnets black :roll: lol
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

shue wrote: ever wondered y a lot of cars painted their bonnets black :roll: lol
ahhh the rice factor, looks good on the track, but stupid on the street.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mr_bishi
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_bishi »

BuCkEt wrote:Ohhh....nah, you can still be blingy with the CF painted.

Just depends on how you paint it.
My plan would be to do it like Shaun's (MRX) stripe, but that stripe would be unpainted CF while the rest of the bonnet is silver.

Unless I got a CF boot lid too...then I'd consider not painting it. :P
The thought of painting cf pains me greatly!! But i guess if you're gonna make a feature of it then that's not so bad :wink:
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,mr-dot-bishi.png[/img][/url]
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

I guess it's just the fact that the average joe driver doesn't know what CF is.....so if they see you driving down the street with different colored panels.... :lol:

That and it would just attract too much attention from the wrong kind of crowd.

Besides, I could always show off the CF by popping the bonnet and letting it match against the CF fan shroud I've got. 8)
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

just to update u guys, i havent forgotten the cf bonnet idea. but it would be group buy for sure. now the vented guys im gonna say he will make up some designs and u get to choose. mostly looking for oem cf bonnets. the rest of the questions i'll have to get the dude to answer and in regards to the kaze bonnet i doubt he 'll be able to do it.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

heres the response guys.
1. how many layers of cf and fibreglass used?1 layer cf/ rest fibreglass
2.are they 100% cf or they the fibreglass core ones?fibreglass core
3. attach with factory latches or are bonnet pins required?factory latches or bonnet pins or u can use both
4.with the vents are they going to have a water run off system or is it just a straight cut through? vents are straight cut thru
5. overall weight? not yet determined
6. could a vent above the intake be provided? yes, designs coming soon
7. can boots be made as well? yes, boots can be made as well

the kaze bonnet is a no go. he will be emailing me designs soon so i'll post them up as soon as i get them
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

sounds alright....
with the "vents are they going to have a water run off system or is it just a straight cut through? vents are straight cut thru "

that means the water will go stright to the inside or not ? ? if it is there anything we could do about it ??

cant wait to see some cool design!~
thanks
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

poster, the reason hes not making a water run thru system for the vents coz is the vents would be small and wouldnt need a water run thru system. im looking at a vent over the intake area kinda like in the evo, a triangle one as well as small vent in the centre like the viper . have to wait for the designs to come in though
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

tought i'll bring this one up again. ive spoken to the supplier and bigger sheets of cf is getting a bit hard to find for him. for the moment hes willing to make oem bonnets in cf. they would cost 800$ a pop. the vented ones would be a bit more. he still hasnt made the designs for the vented ones coz of short supply of cf. lets start up a list of ppl interested. we need at least 10 for him to make them coz of costing involved in making the mould etc.just copy and paste the list as u keep going