my air ram system

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

tintin
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by tintin »

on the stamp in the engine bay it says 1470kg ive got that carbon bonnet but i do have the fto lump in to the weight must have gorn up

the colt ive got is called a mirage as well being the top spec 1 of its date having the body kit with it all the eletric stuff on it as well ( colt mirage glxi ) i will be traking my car now and then so i mite go for more toque when it comes to the mapping of it but ill let you lot nohow it gose when bits get done :)
coilovers!! gaurenteed to make boobs bounce :)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

tintin wrote:on the stamp in the engine bay it says 1470kg ive got that carbon bonnet but i do have the fto lump in to the weight must have gorn up

the colt ive got is called a mirage as well being the top spec 1 of its date having the body kit with it all the eletric stuff on it as well ( colt mirage glxi ) i will be traking my car now and then so i mite go for more toque when it comes to the mapping of it but ill let you lot nohow it gose when bits get done :)
We call em Lancer's over here... Which usually does cause some confusion for the poor Aussie guys ... Hehehehe ...

I wonder if the 4 banger engine is less weight then the FTO engine ???
tintin
Grease Monkey

Post by tintin »

rock_it wrote:
tintin wrote:on the stamp in the engine bay it says 1470kg ive got that carbon bonnet but i do have the fto lump in to the weight must have gorn up

We call em Lancer's over here... Which usually does cause some confusion for the poor Aussie guys ... Hehehehe ...

I wonder if the 4 banger engine is less weight then the FTO engine ???
mines a lancer ce i think isnt it?

i did hear that the fto engine isnt much heaver than the evo 1 :?:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, think yours would be a CE ...

Mine is the CC ... Which is also the same as Evo 1-3 I think ...

Hmm, engine weighing as much as the Evo .. Not sure on that myself ... But yeah, I guess you have the turbo and stuff so, I can see it ... I have changed pretty much everything on mine (the Evo engine) ..

Added 272 cams, Hypertune intake manifold, injectors, coils, you name it, I have added it ... lol ... Not sure if it has made it lighter or heavier... My guess though is lighter .. the intake manifold itself was heave as .... the hypertune one is lighter ...
unknownperson
Apprentice

Post by unknownperson »

yours looks like a ce mirage guessing somewhere between 98-04?
tintin
Grease Monkey

Post by tintin »

rock_it wrote:Yeah, think yours would be a CE ...

Mine is the CC ... Which is also the same as Evo 1-3 I think ...

Hmm, engine weighing as much as the Evo .. Not sure on that myself ... But yeah, I guess you have the turbo and stuff so, I can see it ... I have changed pretty much everything on mine (the Evo engine) ..

Added 272 cams, Hypertune intake manifold, injectors, coils, you name it, I have added it ... lol ... Not sure if it has made it lighter or heavier... My guess though is lighter .. the intake manifold itself was heave as .... the hypertune one is lighter ...
thats cool . it shifts then 8)
tintin
Grease Monkey

Post by tintin »

unknownperson wrote:yours looks like a ce mirage guessing somewhere between 98-04?
mines the 96 model the pre face lift colt over hear the 98 had smaller round fogs on some and 1 peac lights