fuel filter

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

payaya
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by payaya »

nothing special but long extensions breaker bar if your weak. I find it easier taking the batt out, no need to take the manifold off.
RalliartBoy
Mechanic

Post by RalliartBoy »

Thanks, i'll give it a try on the weekend.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

wherer did you get the fuel filter from?also could someone right up a diy for me please haha
how do you know when its time to change the f uel filter?does it help with economy?what hings do i need to look at mainly if i want my car to run as economical as when it cam from the factory?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

bad fuel consumption is generally a result of

old spark plugs
old fuel filter
old o2 sensor
dirty air filter
RalliartBoy
Mechanic

Post by RalliartBoy »

Got the fuel filter from AutoBarn.

No real reason to change it but i thought while i had the manifold off i would change all my filters, lead, plugs and oils with the best of products so I know my car is in the best condition she could be in.
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

I got mine for about 7 quid IIRC, which is between 2 and 3 three of you dollars i think. It came with copper sealing washers but i have to admit i aint got round to changing it yet. Well it is still winter here ya know :D
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Ryco reference Z441
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Storm wrote:I got mine for about 7 quid IIRC, which is between 2 and 3 three of you dollars i think. It came with copper sealing washers but i have to admit i aint got round to changing it yet. Well it is still winter here ya know :D
Nah 7 quid is about 18 bucks.