GPX vs GPvR

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jono
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Jono »

Borya,

youve' had a ride in my FTO(teins), so you will know what the softest setting(16 stages) on a tein' coilover is... heheh Stilll hard as rock'

Jono
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

Can I just give a comment?
I have Tein in my ride. I got it with the car. I just set the front ones to the softest days ago, and i can feel a significant difference. One thing is more comfort, but it has less handling through corner at high speed, as what it says on paper.
Tein is designed for performance. So dont expect too much comfort at the softest settings. At the end of the day, it depends the use, road or track and ofcourse your preference. Have a good drive with Tein. :)
:arrow: Warning: this is not an ads..... :!:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

how much lighter is the version R over the GPX?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

My memory is fading in my old age, but I think the difference is about 70kgs.
LED ALL the things.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

thats a big difference!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

the GPX is 1170kg (M) / 1190 (AT) whereas the GPvR is 1150 (M).

So it is only 20kg lighter, comparing apples to apples (manuals to manuals).
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

ruchi wrote:the GPX is 1170kg (M) / 1190 (AT) whereas the GPvR is 1150 (M).

So it is only 20kg lighter, comparing apples to apples (manuals to manuals).
Hmm. That's not much diffrence.
I've heard a number of figures but i think i believe you ruchi... maybe all the other weight difference are between apples and oranges (M & A) .... :?

If say you look at the Honda Type-R's, isn't the Type R's much better than all the other honda models, that are in the same make...

I've read that the FTO GPvR is meant to be equivalent to the Honda Type R. So why is it that there is so little difference between the GPX and the GPvR, and a big diffrence between a normal Integra and an Integra Type R.... Please Explain... 8O and why did they even bother to bring out the GPvR... I donno... Probably a stupid question anyway...

I guess it's because, the gpx is also top of the line jst the luxery one.

Boris :)
Last edited by Borya on Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

The answer to that question is in the first two letters of the car, not the third.

The FTO came as four main models, with the biggest difference being the second letter. The models are:
GS
GR
GP (X and version R)

The GS is the 1.8L 4 cylinder, whereas all the rest are 2L V6. The GR is effectively the "standard" model with the GPX and GPvR being the top of the line models. Both the GPX and GPvR have the Mivec engines with the extra power, but the GPX has the luxury extras (which weigh a bit more) whereas the GPvR has the racing setup and is slightly lighter.

All models being with "G", and an easy way to remember the differences is by the other letters, as follows:
GS - Small engine (1.8L)
GR - Regular model (i.e. the standard model)
GPX - Power (Mivec engine) eXtra luXuries
GPvR - Power (Mivec engine) Racing setup

So the real comparison is between the GPvR and the GR, not the GPX. Although the GPvR and GR weigh roughly the same, due to the Mivec engine the power-to-weight ratio is much better. Hope this helps a bit.