Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Track Day **Update**

Post by FtoSam »

Okay, im sick of you whingers complaining about not organising a cruise.. :lol:
So after talking at length with chellys dad at her after party (while my gf was getting wasted with chelly), We discussed having a track day.. and he said a decent track was about $4000 for a day.... now work that out:
10 FTOs = $400 ea
20 FTOs = $200 ea

Now as much as i would love a track day, $400 is way too much, So what im suggesting is we buddy up with another club... Mr Chelly said he goes out with the BMW club and they are great...
What im suggesting is we approach BMW Club and ask them if 10 or so of us joined them on their next track day.
That way we could get costs down to about $100 ea.... which is very affordable..
We obviously would have to share the track with a few beemers but maybe we could show em a thing or two! :P
Opinions?
Last edited by FtoSam on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

sounds alright, depending on price of course
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

okay.. idea... everyone put down your maximum you'd be prepared to spend for a track day..
mine is $170
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

200$ during a good month, 150$ during a bad one
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

2 fluff ball and a bit of string that i found in my pocket. lol sry

<$150 if it's after i get my lisence back.
dimi
Mechanic

Re: Track Day

Post by dimi »

Samson wrote:Okay, im sick of you whingers complaining about not organising a cruise.. :lol:
So after talking at length with chellys dad at her after party (while my gf was getting wasted with chelly), We discussed having a track day.. and he said a decent track was about $4000 for a day.... now work that out:
10 FTOs = $400 ea
20 FTOs = $200 ea

Now as much as i would love a track day, $400 is way too much, So what im suggesting is we buddy up with another club... Mr Chelly said he goes out with the BMW club and they are great...
What im suggesting is we approach BMW Club and ask them if 10 or so of us joined them on their next track day.
That way we could get costs down to about $100 ea.... which is very affordable..
We obviously would have to share the track with a few beemers but maybe we could show em a thing or two! :P
Opinions?
Sounds like fun, however,i dont understand your math, how exactly did you come to 100 bucks, wouldn't that mean 40 cars in total??

Also what about organising a qld members mud wrestling night, (i am serious btw), it would be great, could all tanked, find a park somewhere and do some mud wrestling, fuckin awesome i say.

Btw i am bit drunk right now, recovering from an extended lunch break, so if you dont wanna take this serious i wont care

Peace out
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Ok mud wrestling ain't my thing but I'll certainly look at the pictures after and thank myself for not going. I much prefer jelly + why waste good drinking time wrestling in mud.

I'm easy with the price.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

i'm sure we can come to an agreement of some sort.... how about... we dont waste the drinking time, and just drink all through out it, and let the gfs do the wrestling, and as for chick memebers... i'm sorry but it's a fair world so u r not allowed to wrestle either, u'll just have to bring a sister/mother/female friend (since its everyone's gfs thats goign to be wrestling, we should make it fair and say it's a single sex event) along so they can take your place. lol

and we'll make it that for every memember that shows there is someone wrestling for them, so for the ppl that dont have gfs or have gfs that wont do it (if they wont do it, then u might have to think about upgrading to a more willing and better trained gf anyway lol jk jk), u have to bring along another chick that will wrestle for you.

then Dr_Jones will be looking at the photos ans kicking himself for not going

T_T' man i really should go to bed soon...

i'm so glad that the gf isnt here right now lol

*note to self: dont show her this when drunk... or sober*
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

riighht...i think i'll pass on the wrestling thing...
and i got to $100 ea. because there'd be 10 of us and say 30 BMWs or something like that...
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

you should call up willowbank and find out about their open days .. probably work out a lot cheaper. i might give them a call after i sleep

id pay like 150
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

as far as i know, its cheaper during the week... but i think we'd only get about about half the people able to come
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

with enough notice I can get any day off, or i'll just have a sickie :)
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

as can i....
well if i can get you guys say 2 months notice can u get a weekday off?
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

lets find out the price difference first ;)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'd be up for a track day. I agree it would be easier and probably cheaper during the week but I know I would needs months of notice to get the time off. I'm sure others are probably in the same boat.

On the cost front it would depend on how many laps. For a couple of sessions I'd probably only want to pay $200 at the most but I wouldn't mind paying more than this if it meant a lot more time on track.

To throw something else in the ring (not the mud wrestling one j/k). I had thought about something people used to talk about on the forums a couple of years ago. Somebody used to run racing schools where you would spend time on the drag strip and the track at willowbank over a day or two. Can anybody remember this, or who did it? If someone has done it how did you find it? Don't forget some professional training can score you major points with your insurance company especially if it includes some defensive training.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Woot! :) Sounds like a plan, count me in :D If its $100 thats awesome, but i can live with $200 as well, just wanna be able to bust my damn speed limiter! :P

During the week is fine for me :)
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

damn... bloody GPvR... time for us regular ftos to get shown.... lol... well garth.. i now have a lightweight CF Bonnet... thats at least 50Kw and improves handling.. also dispenses cold beverages... :P
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

On a more serious note (odd for me) any performance increase from the vehicle could easily be absorbed by some classy driving.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

or some S**t driving by me! yay... i luv having a heavy/slow car.. i got nothin to prove... but would still be awesome to really open it up on a track... without the worry of cops..
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Samson wrote:damn... bloody GPvR... time for us regular ftos to get shown.... lol... well garth.. i now have a lightweight CF Bonnet... thats at least 50Kw and improves handling.. also dispenses cold beverages... :P
hahaha, every bit counts doesn't it? Now just to get those bloody enkeis 8) :wink: and get some decent brakes, I think the weight would help you at the moment considering how crap my brakes are :cry:

lightweight CF bonnet, WTF? And preytell what sort of cold beverages? :)