Initial D

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Max
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Initial D

Post by Max »

I was just wondering if anyone else here plays the arcade game initial d? Or has anyone read the comics or seen the shows??
<P>"Driving a Honda is like the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard." :D</P>
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeh i've played the arcade game bfore... verrrry addictive, but somehow i still prefer Battle Gear2, very similar but easier to drift...hehehe

i also got vol 1-10 on my PC - always too lazy to watch it though' haha...
Max

battle gear

Post by Max »

I was gonna play battle gear when i was at the arcades today, but all my friends say that it is sh*t... so i stuck with initial d and got killed as usual :(
<P>"Driving a Honda is like the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard." :D</P>
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i don't play Initial D often enough to warrant those 'cards' anyway so i cbf'd modding it up... BattleGear is better coz you get modded cars straight away and it's easier to drift them... (plus they look better)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah i've seen all the episode, & trying 2 get the comic. & yeah i've played the game 2!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dude, have u got those episodes on MPEGs or VCD/DVDs....??
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

my friend got the DVD, i just watch them!! so they aren't mine ahhaahaha, but the other friend also got the comic though!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

Post by HEK-71Q »

yeh ive seen the dvd's n wannna get the set soon.....i bought a comic when i was in US....teaches ya lotta stuff bout cars....they made games for ps 1 n 2.....but never made it here in aus though....BADD... :evil:
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I think the first serious of Initial D has just been officialing releast in Australia in the last week or two. Unfortunately I've been told It's expensive and a bit crap with only three episodes per DVD, there are also 3 episodes that have been changed with western names, and the characters speak english, I've been told it sucks.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

RallyMad wrote:I think the first serious of Initial D has just been officialing releast in Australia in the last week or two. Unfortunately I've been told It's expensive and a bit crap with only three episodes per DVD, there are also 3 episodes that have been changed with western names, and the characters speak english, I've been told it sucks.
Gosh just like everything else we officially get the stuff as its history 4 other country, I've seen all the episode 2yrs ago & lucky me it was the original Japanese version with sub title, so u get all the high quality sound 2.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

haha, i've seen episode 1-10 (thanks to Kazaa) and i been getting english, chinese, japanese and a mix of 2/3 together LOL..!!
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

initial ddddrift!!!

Post by HEK-71Q »

if u guys really want em, i suggest u buy it thru ebay!...u can get the the series stages on dvd here...from chinatown or whatsoever but they'll cost like 90 bux per series. get em thru ebay n u can get ALL...not 1, 2 but ALL of em for like 150 bux! thats cheap azz...if u'r really cheap azz...theres always kazaa.....u can also get soundtracks from the series...but i rex theyre too asian for u guys hahahhh....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

why not everybody just chip in and buy an entire set from EBAY, then make copies of it, hehehehe...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

i think i have all the episode

but the last series is in jap and got no translation

other than that the rest is in cantonese with english sub

its mpeg format
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

i've watched series 1 and 2

i heard the english version sux...

but yeh, still waiting for my frnd to lend me the movie..

played the game today, it was wierd lol.... its a game that takes a lot of practice i reckon...
but daytona is still good :D i can drift in that easier than initial D hahhaha
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i prefer drifting in Battle-Gear 2 (assuming you're talking about the arcade games). just pop into 2nd, swing the wheel and a slight tap on the brakes and you'll be sideways in no time, hahahaha...!!