Insurance ??????

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

cap1baby
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Insurance ??????

Post by cap1baby »

G'day guys i'm planning on getting an FTO 97-98 model in the near future, but i'm fearing the insurance costs?
i read in sombody's post that they had touble insuring their FTO or that it costed heaps. I was wondering how much some of you guys pay for insurance please state your age and insurance company.

:twisted: Cap1 :twisted:
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

well i just insured my car yesterday, and we found a rating 1 driver gets it insured with Just Car Insurance/AAMI.. there both pretty much the same.. well anyway rating 1 = $1044 (Full Comp) and rating 6 (a newly rating driver) = $4g :s

But third party for a rating 6 driver + fire and theft is ~$600 (Which is what im with atm.)

Cheers
Tim
cap1baby

thanx 4 the reply

Post by cap1baby »

how long or how do u get to rating one?
if anyone knows?

:twisted: Cap1 :twisted:
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

easy, start at rating 6
a year later then your rating 5
a yr after that then your rating 4
a yr after that then your rating 3
a yr after that then your rating 2
a yr after that then your rating 1 :P

then u keep your rating 1 for 3 years and your rating 1 for life.
BTW, everytime u make a clam through insurance it'll put u back 1 rating.
IE: start rating 6
yr later, rating 5
yr later rating 4 then crash, your back on rating 5.
1 yr after crash your rating 4 (again)
etc...

yeah its a bi*ch but everyone has to do it

Cheers
Tim
cap1baby

sikness

Post by cap1baby »

sikness i'm currently 17 estimating getting my FTO 18-19. So the way to go is third party for 2 years then go full compensation?
Something like $4000, next yr $3000 and so on?
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

yeah pretty much, just dont crash the work of art :P
but its more like 4000 then 3150 then 2300 etc.. but even that much is too expensive

Im probly gona stay 3rd party till im rating 1, because if i can last that long w/o havin a crash. then its unlikely i'll crash, but u neva no what cood happen :P

tim
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Re: sikness

Post by Deeps »

cap1baby wrote:sikness i'm currently 17 estimating getting my FTO 18-19. So the way to go is third party for 2 years then go full compensation?
Something like $4000, next yr $3000 and so on?
Just make sure you check with your insurance company first. Some insurance companies don’t look at third party cover as driving experience when estimating your no claim bonus. Some companies only look at your previous comprehensive insurance history. On top of that, some companies wont even look at your driving experience unless you have held an insurance policy in your own name (i.e. not as a driver on your parents car).

I called so many companies I lost count. It might sound weird but I found it depends on who you speak to as well. I rang a couple of insurance companies for a premium estimate. However, I rang the same companies twice to see if I would get a different estimate. Surely enough, the estimate was different every time.

Insurance was the most annoying thing with buying my car. But once you have it sorted out, you got no worries.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

they are actually changing the way insurance is calculated to be age based or something my GF works at NRMA i'll get her to explain it to everyone, as it will affect us all.
chy

Post by chy »

This year NRMA changed the no claim rating factors (NCB) for their insurance. It is now based on your driving history, rather than your insurance history.

If you have been driving for 5 years, (including your P's) with no incidents or claims, then you will automaically get placed onto a rating 1. Which is 65% no claim bonus for the life of the policy. If you have been driving less than that, then depending on how long you having been driving for, will affect your discout again.

I'm not sure if any other insurance companies offer it based on driving history, or if they are still doing it via insurance history. You will still need to ring around and find out prices.

If you have any questions about insurance, place them up on the board, and i'll try my best to answer/ or find out the answer for them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
chy.