Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lal
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Doors locking automatically

Post by lal »

Hi All,

Just bought my first FTO this week :D
It came with an alarm, however... if you have the keys in the ignition, after 10 seconds or so, the doors will automatically close... so if I fill up and my keys are in the ignition (windows closed), the keys will be locked in. I assume this was the way the alarm was programmed initially... anyone know if there's a way I can reset this behaviour??

TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Do u know what type of alarm it is? Also, do u have the manual for it? The manual would be your best bet to turning it off.

I have that feature as part of my alarm, but I haven't turned it on. Also, I never leave my keys in the ignition while I'm filling up. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I always take my keys out of the ignition whenever I get out of the car.
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

nope, I don't know the name of the alarm... no names on the alarm or stickers.. no manual...

i'm more concerned when I warm up the engine in the morning... when my door closes... see ya!... that's why i'm trying to get in the habit of opening the windows once I get in...

I have a friend who's told me to try this:
*start the engine but don't close the door... he says that the door will not close automatically once you close it...
*close the door first then start the engine... the doors will close automatically... he says that's how his alarm works..

so I'll give that a go after work...
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

nope, I don't know the name of the alarm... no names on the alarm or stickers.. no manual...

i'm more concerned when I warm up the engine in the morning... when my door closes... see ya!... that's why i'm trying to get in the habit of opening the windows once I get in...

I have a friend who's told me to try this:
*start the engine but don't close the door... he says that the door will not close automatically once you close it...
*close the door first then start the engine... the doors will close automatically... he says that's how his alarm works..

so I'll give that a go after work...
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

I think that is an anti-carjacking feature that some alarms have.

And yes, many cars are stolen from petrol stations while the owner is inside paying for the fuel, so always take your keys with you.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts