J-Spec & UPI Imports for fustrated shoppers

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Biot
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

J-Spec & UPI Imports for fustrated shoppers

Post by Biot »

I was wondering if anyone has gone this route on the board using J-Spec or UPI Imports etc....

I have been looking around for an FTO and I am starting to get a little fustrated and this is starting to look like a good alternative, even thou it has its risks!

Any one else has a story to share using these services ?
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi,
Are you trying to buy an FTO from Japan?
Meaning personally import one over?

Is this what you want to do?

Sorry, didn't really get the question, probably because I don't know what they are!
:)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

more information please
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yes i believe he is trying to import one through a broker like UPI & J-Spec...

i got mine from Prestige Motorsport - very good service.

the hardest part was waiting for the car to arrive...

now with the new laws in place, i dunno how much harder it gets, but one thing for sure it can only be imported in stock standard condition now (no mags, exhausts, bodykit etc allowed).
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi,

I got mine through Prestige Motorsport as well...
Very good service indeed, however, I think they aren't offering many FTOs at the moment because a new compliancing license needs to be obtained by the guys who used to have them.
So there are no one that an complaince this vehicle at the moment and hence there is no reason to import them over because you won't be able to compliance them any way.

I ave been told by Prestige Motorsport that the compliancing is being organised and will be available soon.

I think this is why it's hard to import them at the moment.
Biot
Apprentice

Post by Biot »

yes and the cost of the new compliance scheme also makes it more expensive.

I am just disappointed at lot of the vehicles I have seen. Some people look after them pretty well and some, well they wouldnt know what a Sidcrome looked like.
Biot
Apprentice

Post by Biot »

Maybe there is somewhere in Melbourne I havent tried :)
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi,

I don't know if you have contacted Prestige motorsport at all, but I suggest send Geoff an e-mail and ask him about what you want..And he'll give you an hournest answer....
Then make up your mind...

When I was getting my FTO through Geoff I bouhgt 3 FTOs cause they keep stuffing up in Japan for some reason.. I was one of those worst case customer....it took me almost 6 months to get my FTO...and most people would have gotten their's in about 3 month max!!!
And yet during this time from beginning till the end, he was fantastic!!!And believe me after service is also very very good!!!!
I am speaking from experience here!
So I suggest contacting Prestige Motorsport first and then see what you can do..Also if you are not sure, ask him what would be the best way! He won't try to hold on to you!!! He is very hournest!!!

If you would like to hear more of what happened to me when I was buying my FTO, let me know and I'll tell you few things that proved to me that Geoff is definately trust worthy!!!
And in fact, it's a very risky business importing cars from Japan if you don't trust the broker!!!
:)

Just a suggestion!
Biot
Apprentice

Post by Biot »

Yeah I actually managed to speak to Geoff and he sort of suggest it doesnt look good till about Jan for anything coming in throu himself.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

Yeah I imported mine as well a mate of mines FTO through J-spec.

excellent service

Jc
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

can i ask uze a question...........

when u imported your fto's, were they standard or tuned from prestigemotorsport?.