have u beaten a type r?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

thecook
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

have u beaten a type r?

Post by thecook »

anyone done it before? just curious to see how fto goes against ITR's...

what set up u got?

i got full on tip tronic stock engine, and rice products!
Last edited by thecook on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey kirbs, didn't you go to the N-1/Exclusive cruise last weekend? there were a couple of teggy's there, you shoulda taken them on LOL...

...and which type-R are you referring to, the DC2 or DC5 (new shape)?

I think it'll be harder to beat a DC2R (due to their lower kerb weight compared to the DC5R), and even more so if it's a tiptronic... nevertheless, you'll probably need exhaust, filter, ECU and extractors to beat the Teg. it also depends on how well you launch as well, but with the above mods you should get to within a whisker away from the Teg (not so sure about tiptronics, unless you fit a higher stall convertor so you can launch higher in the rpm range)
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Or you could get a small shot of NOS.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

MattG wrote:Or you could get a small shot of NOS.

M@
...and get dicked over by cops if they pull you over, LOL!

oh, and i think NOS wouldn't fall under 'basic mods' category, except for some heheheh... ;)

but yeh, in terms of simplicity and bang for your buck, you can't go past "Naaawwwwwssss!!!"
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

hi, i have found that i can step on the breaks while reving up to 2000 without moving the car (in tiptronic mode).... dunno if it helps? hahha. maybe i will try to get up to 3000..... (possible?? :oops: )
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

YYgirl wrote:hi, i have found that i can step on the breaks while reving up to 2000 without moving the car (in tiptronic mode).... dunno if it helps? hahha. maybe i will try to get up to 3000..... (possible?? :oops: )
You can rev till the limiter kicks in, which is at around the 8500 mark.
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

i don't think ppl driving tips can really compete with certain sports cars, we cant get a decent launch and it is about half a second slower to get to 100km/h compared to a manual gpx. So i'm always a bit hesitant when a car starts revving beside me... (mines a gpx tip btw)
I've got the apexi exhaust and soon to have k&n panel filter plus extractors, so i've got most of the very basic mods covered. i can only manage low 8 second times to 100 in my car though.
How much does an ecu cost, about a grand right? whats the best brand? i've heard haltech is pretty good...
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

im talkin bout beating the DC2r hehe

mike, nah i didnt go to the cruise on sunday, i wish i had though! hehe...
Last edited by thecook on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmo
Grease Monkey

launching

Post by elmo »

After driving FTOBOI's tip the other day, i reckon it definately comes down to drivetrain. There is no way you will beat a manual type R with a stock tip. My manual comes close but they still got a bit more.
If you got an auto it would have to be tricked up a bit to get the power, of whatever mods you are doing, to the ground.
Unfortunately not too many teggy drivers are keen to go my FTO, i think it is because they have seen it overtake them before... :twisted:
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

I've beaten a typeR twice with my manual GPX.
It was at night and the guy seemed to be trying, got him off the lights twice on StK rd. He gave up after the second go.
The typeR looked about 3-4 yrs old, he might have been a sh*t driver, dunno, made me laugh @ the time :twisted:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i haven't taken on a DC2R before, but I've seen them run against each other and it was very close... i don't know what the specs were but both of them seem to be in stock std (no aftermarket exhaust visible etc).

however i have taken on a DC5R (i know, my bad... :P) along Westall Rd once and i won by about a qtr car's length (this was on low fuel load at 4am and loads of Red Bull after clubbing ;))...

but i reckon i got a really good launch from him off the lights because by mid third-gear he was starting to catch up with me (and we are nudging close to 115-120kph).

I'd like to see how well my car can go on a rolling start some day though! ;)
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

GPXXX wrote:(this was on low fuel load at 4am and loads of Red Bull after clubbing ;))...
Sounds familiar :P 8)
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Ahhh so it was the Red Bull that gave your car wings ;)
In that case stuff Optimax...I'm filling up on Red Bull.

M@
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

At $12 a litre M@, that's gonna be very expensive :roll: 8)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

MattG wrote:Ahhh so it was the Red Bull that gave your car wings ;)
In that case stuff Optimax...I'm filling up on Red Bull.

M@
lmao...!!

if your car starts to fly, then it ain't my fault ok bro... ;)
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

Raced my friend's DC5 today against my pretty much standard fto ive only got a muffler and k&n filter.... i kept up for a bit i say thru first and second ....but then he beat me afterwards ... for a guy who doesnt drag much(me) im sure i could have beaten him with a little more practice and and full exhaust system like his one.... his tyres are also better than mine too haha so better grip for him.....
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

the reason why i posted this thread was bcoz the other day i was racing a type r integra.

it was on princess highway, between blackburn and westall rd.

lights go green, we both sit there and look at each other, hahahah...... we dont even move!!! so i say f**k this, smile at him, and floor it in tip

bout a second later, he floors it...

by the time i change to 3rd..... hes already next to me..... now thats when it got scarey! his car sounded like it was taking a piss!...... every pissing sound, he would leap further and further!
ahhhahaha
scared the sh*t outta me
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

yea i done a type R a soarer a rex a supra TT a 300zx and a skyline and a few others not worth mentioning :wink:
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

lol - I guess technically it yours is still an FTO (with a diff motor and turbo).

How is the blown up engine going?

M@
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

dannyboyau has a turbo'd fto??