Kick Plates

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

XXXFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Kick Plates

Post by XXXFTO »

I'm after some kickplates whether their, metal or aluminium or whatever, but gotta be better thatn the plastic ones one thats come standard. Prefer to buy in the country and not from overseas also
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

they have the ones in the uk which light up fto,thye look pretty cool, but if you want them in the country I have seensome at a few ofthecar shops, though they look crap and cheapy (with outfto writting on them :P)
XXXFTO
Apprentice

Post by XXXFTO »

yeah i definately want fto on them, but would only prefer to get them in aus, if i have to buy overseas then so be it, do you know which websites have them for sale
cheers G_A_V
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I got my kickplates from KMC in the UK. They are stainless steel and have the FTO logo wired to the cabin lights so that it glows blue when you open up the door (I think you can also get it in red). They look mad and I highly recommend them 8)
XXXFTO
Apprentice

Post by XXXFTO »

how hard are they to fit,
they're about 65 pound from kmc & 80 ound from funkyproduct
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I didn't fit them myself, but I think they're not too hard to fit if you know what you're doing.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i never know what i'm doing whenever it comes to wires or electricity (except for plugging in power leads for appliances and connecting PCs etc), so if there are any published guides or workshops out there that can help with the installation (in Melb) then yeah I'd be interested to get one fitted too... ;)
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

Same here! Do I smell a group buy? :D [/code]
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I would like a set too, and i can make a how-to install light up kick plates for dummies. so looks like a group buy
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Yeah, good one if we can get this going.

I was about to get one from him too. Good guy to deal with KMC, very helpful.

I've got a copy of the instructions if anybody is interested. A guy from FunkyProduct emailed it to me. Funky sells the KMC kickplates as well - among other things.

I'm sure we can get a group discount out of KMC if we can get it going. He's on a 2 week holiday at the moment though (from last Saturday).
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

how much is it in Aussie dollars?? ...and how are we going to organise a group buy, seeing as we are split between 2/3 states??

...and i think i might need somebody's help in installing mine, or i'll electrocute myself LOL..
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Yeah, I thought about that as well.

Maybe give him a list of buyers, and once everyone pays (he accepts PayPal), we can get free freight or half price freight??

Freight is already 20 pounds. Kick plates themselves are 60.

Any other ideas? Or maybe he already has a method of taking care of group buys.
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

sh*t, why didn't i start this post a week ago??? anyway, i got my kickplates today, suprisingly it only took less than a week to arrive. Just thought everyone should know that the kickplate doesn't look exactly like whats on KMC's site.

the 'FTO' bit is written in white, and the rest of the box is blue, instead of black... doesn't look as nice during the day, but looks good at night. When you look really closely at the whole kickplate, the workmanship looks quite dodgey, but once you stick it down its unnoticeable.
Btw, i have alloy wheel stickers for sale from kmc, check out the 'parts for sale' section. I'm open to any offers.
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

hey all!

I saw those kicplates on a GPvR once it looked mad!!!
and when its doen well it looks like a top rate job!!

Any web address so we can have a look???

thanx
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Must be after-market copies of the Mitsi originals?

I've got the polished aluminium kickplates - black with white FTO logo in the day which lights up blue at night - quality wise damn good.

They do look mad - and everyone does comment on them :P (even if its a "man they're seriously riced up"

:P
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

FTOBOI, do you have pictures of the ones from KMC, illuminated and not illuminated?

I have the orignals from Mitsubishi, but it has been well used to say the least. So I don't mind replacing mine with some polished looking ones. Plus, I would like the one with red illumination. But if you reckon they don't look as good as in the pics, then maybe not.

If you got pics, that would be great. Then maybe we can all decide for ourselves! Thanks mate!
XXXFTO
Apprentice

Post by XXXFTO »

A group buy sounds awesome guys, i'm in no major hurry, so i'm prepared to wait for D-Trains contact to get back fro holidays. So how many people are interested and from how many different states. At my work i can courier stuff out for nothing so i don't mind recieving everything and then shipping out from melb. If we can get them down to maybe 45-50 pounds (bout $120), down from 65 ($158).
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

I'll post picks up soon... they aren't too tricky to install, its just the instructions are pretty crap. the diagram is hard to see and they don't label the parts, so for all those non electrical ppl out there who don't know what spade/pin connectors and inverters are, you might be confused... i just asked my friend what was what and from there on it all makes sense.
Don't get me wrong, they look really good at night, its just it would've been so much better if he just copied the original mitsubishi kickplate for the fto lightup bit.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

XXXFTO wrote:A group buy sounds awesome guys, i'm in no major hurry, so i'm prepared to wait for D-Trains contact to get back fro holidays. So how many people are interested and from how many different states. At my work i can courier stuff out for nothing so i don't mind recieving everything and then shipping out from melb. If we can get them down to maybe 45-50 pounds (bout $120), down from 65 ($158).
put me down for a set man! :lol:
...now we need to find someone who knows what they're doing to help install the damn thing! any takers??