jester
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

LIGHT IT UP!

Post by jester »

Hey guys hope u can help me :idea: :idea:

Bought a set of HB4 globes for my 96GPX. They are the 'plantinum ones'
give a bright white light, no more yellow light.... but

Im still not happy. I wanted ones that are white and have a slight blue tinge to them. not the ones that change from blue to white depending on the distance.
I also want it 2 REALLY illuminate the ground infront of me, these ones dont do so much- there 55w. Theres like a tinged light up on the road infront of u. Ive seen them before on A Skyline... :cry:

Any idea on brands type?? ???? please let me know before i waste anymoe money! ha!!!

thanx.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think you're referring to HID lights - they emit a bluish glow from far but looks bright white from near, right? this is the same system used by the Beemers and S2000 Hondas...

if that's what you're after, expect to dig deep into your pockets because the kit itself costs about $1000+...

the aftermarket bulb prob won't give such a dramatic impact itself, so really you get what you pay for...
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

hey thanx GPXXX

but like i said in my post i didnt want those ones...

wanted ones that have a bright constant blue white tinge that illuminate the road.

any ideas...
anyone...?
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

i dont think you can get anything that look bright enough with 55 watt halogen bulbs... :cry:

maybe save up for a HID...?? :lol:
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

I always thought HID's emitted pure white light *shrugs* but then again I guess standard HID kits are different from model to model.

Dude, sorry I can't really help you there, thing is with after market globes, you really have to see them on before you can tell what they look like. That always isn't a possiblity.