body/aero kits

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rusty12
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

body/aero kits

Post by Rusty12 »

whats everyones favourite kit for the fto? im considering something sleek, i dont like them over the top. the fto looks similar to a ferrari 360, and would be cool to take advantage.

i like this one, dont know if its available here though.

would look good without the ridiculous rear wing, i want style, not rice.

any others that are really smooth?
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

The one from Bozz speed looks not bad in that sense. However it only comes with the front bar and rear wing.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

The black FTO in the pic looks like it has a DCuatro front spoiler and side skirts, as well as a Creative-Sports rear spoiler (I believe this is adjustable).

I think someone mentioned in some thread that SSV in Sydney made copies of either DCuatro or Creative Sports body kit. I can't remember which. It may even be another Japanese brand but they did make copies of someone. Much cheaper than trying to import one yourself. But not sure how the quality is though.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Yeah that's a D-Cuatro front. I think GPXXX has one. But the rear spoiler on this pic is not D-Cuatro or Creative Sports. Dunno what the heck that ugly thing is :?

Check out this site for some common FTO kits:
http://www.mitsubishi-fto.org/aero/index.html
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

do a search in the forums for DCuatro you should find the posts from memory thier was a couple of differant places selling the DCuatro side skirts for around 400 AUD and the front spoiler i think is available at just jap

http://www.justjap.com/body_kits.htm#FTO
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I have to say the Top Mix side skirts look the best. Anybody know of anyone importing these?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah I got the D-Cuatro front lip spoiler fitted on mine... don't have the sideskirts or rear bumper/wing fitted though.. i prefer my own 'touch', hehehe...

i'd have to say my favourite aeropart for the FTO would vary.... for example, i like the Kaze widebody guards, but i prefer the DCuatro front lip and a GT wing... so you see, i don't have a liking for one particular model, but that's just me... i like to mix n' match, LOL
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

haha, that spoiler is a core-sport spoiler, and it isnt ugly, cos i got one 8O

jks...

jono
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Sorry, I meant no disrespect. Just expressing my opinion. I've now had a look at that spoiler from another angle and it looks alright. In the pic in this thread the angle makes it look too squarish.

GPXXX: I agree with you about not liking every part of the kits. For example, I like the front of the D-Cuatro like yours, but the D-Cuatro rear spoiler looks weird.

Are there any good kits for the facelifted model? Because the lights are a little different, I would expect that most current body kits would not fit onto a post 97 FTO.
elmo
Grease Monkey

skirts

Post by elmo »

The veilside look skirts sold by Carmate are similiar to the topmix ones. They do two, one is a straight veilside and the other has the scoopy thing on top behind the door.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

You could go the Creative Sports front bar which incorporates 97+ front orange signal lights but no foggies though. Pretty squarish looking:

ImageImage

The Creative rear spoiler is very similar to the Core sport one though. Is the Core sport adjustable?

Personally, I still prefer the stock 97+ front bumper. Doesn't look ricey but is aggressive at same time.
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

yeah core sport is adjustable

jono
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dunno about y'all, but i reckon a Subaru WRX 22B wing would look pretty mean on the FTO, plus the contours and lines really suit the car's profile...

I was thinking about this mod myself but the only issue is that it is quite involved to modify the wing to adapt to the horizontal profile of the bootlid (which means more money) plus the height may be blocking the third brake light near the ceiling (which is a big defect apparently)...

...but i gotta say i'm really happy with my wing. will look at trimming the sideplates so that it's slightly smaller with the shape that I'm looking for. :)